How to back up VZmedia and other folders in internal storage and microSD card to verizon cloud
dave1151

I'd like these to be backed up to verizon cloud but can find no way to tell your cloud app specific directories to back up. All I can do is select "photos, contacts, videos etc. I want to be able to select other directories to back up and also to keep the file structure. Right now I have to plug phone into desktop and do it by hand and back up desktop.....

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to back up VZmedia and other folders in internal storage and microSD card to verizon cloud
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, dave1151. We certainly want to help with the Verizon Cloud in every way that we can. What is the make and model of the device that you have? -Brett

0 Likes
Re: How to back up VZmedia and other folders in internal storage and microSD card to verizon cloud
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you considered backing up to your Google drive instead? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
dave1151

Galaxy A50 and A51. For what I'm asking it shouldn't matter. I should be able to browse my phone and point to a file directory and select it for back up, like any competent back up program does. As it is now, my phone only lists categories for selection like photos rather than locations.

0 Likes
dave1151

I prefer not to do both. But I get your point. However, it seems like Verizon should be capable of doing this with their app. I will certainly look into it's capability and cost. Not sure I trust the google regarding privacy, but, I guess, the same could be said for V.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@dave1151 wrote:

I prefer not to do both. But I get your point. However, it seems like Verizon should be capable of doing this with their app. I will certainly look into it's capability and cost. Not sure I trust the google regarding privacy, but, I guess, the same could be said for V.

I understand your point. One advantage of Google Drive is that it could work no matter which carrier you are using your phone on. With Verizon Cloud, you will lose access to the data if you ever decided to leave Verizon Wireless. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is also Microsoft's One Drive. There might other cloud storage options available too. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dave1151, Verizon Cloud cannot backup data saved on your SD card in this case. Verizon Cloud will only back up data stored on the phones actual internal memory. Any photos or videos must be located on the phone itself. You can follow the link here: http://spr.ly/6605yUFCv on how to sync your media.

- Alan

0 Likes
dave1151

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@dave1151

Your last reply to this thread was blank. 

0 Likes