How to fix sent text message resetting to beginning of conversation after 4.3 update?
MRGrey

I recently went through the update to 4.3 on my Galaxy S3.  Unfortunately now when I send a text and then minimize the keyboard my phone brings me to the top of the conversation thread, meaning the first message in the thread, and not to the bottom where the newest message was sent.  Once someone responds it will bring it back to the most recent received message however I find this highly annoying that after I send a message I have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the thread to see it.  Also even when someone responds to my message and I open the thread it bounces to the beginning of the conversation before snapping down to the bottom and the most recent received message.  Before the update it would show the most recent message, sent or received, automatically.  Is there any way to fix this short of one of the resets, which I have doubts of working anyway? Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: How to fix sent text message resetting to beginning of conversation after 4.3 update?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi MRGrey,

I understand wanting your text messages to be easily accessible and easy to reply to. Does this happen every time you exit out of the Messaging application and go back in? Are you using the text message application that came with the phone or a third party application? You may want to try going to a summary of all your text message threads, and then, jump back into the thread you want to see. Let us know if doing that gets you to the newest text message.

ElizabethE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: How to fix sent text message resetting to beginning of conversation after 4.3 update?
MRGrey

Hello Elizabeth:

The answer to your questions are that I am using the original text messaging software that came with the phone, not a third party app.  Additionally your tip about exiting the particular text thread to the threads list and then reentering a particular text thread works.  However that is extremely annoying to do every time I send a message.  Especially when I did not have to do it before.  Will there be a fix for this?  Thanks for the help thus far.

0 Likes
SC-Claim
Enthusiast - Level 3

Mine started doing the same thing.

4.3 update bug.

0 Likes