How to get HD video calling to work on my phone? Please help!
MUSTANGGRL91

I recently bought an unlocked Samsung galaxy s9+ (128gb version) since I can't get the higher gb versions through Verizon, so I got it from Samsung and for some reason I can get every other feature to work including wifi calling, mobile hotspot,all the features these unlocked phones ain't supposed to have, except the HD video calling. I don't have the advanced calling menu to be able to turn it on. I've contacted Verizon, Samsung, Best buy, and even tried to google it 1,000 times but I keep getting a different answer from different people so I'm completely confused on what's going on and what I can do. Some people have said it's a Samsung issue while Samsung says it's a Verizon issue. Ive been told I need to flash it to get it to work but I don't know how to do that and can't find anyone who can. And I've tried to google how to do that to but I still can't figure it out. I've also been told that's there's nothin I can do about it. So can someone please help me and tell me how I can fix this issue? I really would love to have my HD video calling back! Also I've tried to get it unblocked on my account but Verizon said they can't unblock it. I really hope there is a fix for this cause I'm desperately wanting to use it again... Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Re: How to get HD video calling to work on my phone? Please help!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MUSTANGGRL91,

Thanks very much for reaching out to us via the forums. We know it's important to have all the features you love! We're here to help in any way we can. Unfortunately, this feature only comes built into the Verizon version of the phone. There's no way to use it without that version of software. I don't know if it is possible for Samsung to flash the phone, as you mentioned, but it would need to be our version of the software to work. We're very sorry about the inconvenience.

Eric_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes