How to resolve problems with TouchDown for Smartphones on my S7 after the update?
eddieclark22

My Verizon Galaxy S7 Edge was working perfectly until the system updated last week.  Several apps went crazy.  The most problematic is my TouchDown for Smartphones, by Symantec.  This is the app that pairs with Microsoft Outlook for the download of email, calendars, etc.   Now, when sending an email, if I click on a misspelled word in the text--one underlined in red--the whole app freezes and crashes.  

Is anyone else having this problem?  Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks,   eddieclark22

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to resolve problems with TouchDown for Smartphones on my S7 after the update?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@eddieclark22- We definitely understanding wanting ours apps to function the way they are supposed to. @rcschnoor provided a great suggestion!  We understand it can be a bit time consuming to be able to reload all your data after re installing an app, but the benefits can be substantial when the app itself starts to act up. Also, have you tried to reach out to the app developers through your app store?  I would recommend doing so if the issue continues after you re install this app. Keep us posted on your results.

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How to resolve problems with TouchDown for Smartphones on my S7 after the update?
rcschnoor
Legend

Have you tried deleting the app and then reinstalling. Additionally, sometimes after an OS update app developers have to provide an update to the app in order to retain functionality.

eddieclark22

I have not resorted to that yet, since it takes a long time to reload all the data.   Since Symantec purchased the company that developed the app, they have made changes which are also a bit tricky as far as syncing with the server.  Thanks for the suggestion!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@eddieclark22- We definitely understanding wanting ours apps to function the way they are supposed to. @rcschnoor provided a great suggestion!  We understand it can be a bit time consuming to be able to reload all your data after re installing an app, but the benefits can be substantial when the app itself starts to act up. Also, have you tried to reach out to the app developers through your app store?  I would recommend doing so if the issue continues after you re install this app. Keep us posted on your results.

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
eddieclark22

Thanks! It worked and did not take as long as I was afraid it would!

Ed [removed]

[removed]

Personal Information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes