How to set up specific contacts to go directly into voicemail when the call?
treonaut

I have just purchased the GS3; which is my 4th Android phone; and, it has the Jelly Bean v4.1.1. OTA firmware update.

One of the best features of Android, is being able to edit the settings of individual contacts to go directly into voicemail.

I cannot find that feature in the contacts edit mode on my GS3.

Does anyone know if it is still a feature in JB; and, if so...where it can be accessed?

Thanks, in advance.

PJA

0 Likes
Re: How to set up specific contacts to go directly into voicemail when the call?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sends all calls from a contact is available for me on my Nexus when I view the contact. It is an option under the overflow menu button.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: How to set up specific contacts to go directly into voicemail when the call?
treonaut

Hi, Ann. Is your Nexus runningJelly Bean or Ice Cream Sandwich?

I'm asking, because this issue seems to be exclusive to Jelly Bean Android phones

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Jelly Bean (android 4.1.1) with the stock UI.

Your phone is running a modified version of android 4.1.1 with the TouchWiz UI.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

An example

Screenshot_2013-01-15-05-53-18.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi treonaut,

I know that occasionally you may want to send people right to voicemail and make sure you're not interrupted. I want to help make sure you can have these users not reach you. On the Samsung Galaxy SIII you can go into your contact list and select the contact that you want to send to voicemail. Once you have the contact on your screen select the menu button and select "Add to reject list." This will send the calls right to voicemail but still allow text message to come in. Let us know if you have other concerns.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes