How to stop Samsung Music from playing on phone?
Bluegirl7

Since the update, Samsung Music keeps playing on my phone, thus depleting my battery.  I have gone into application manager and find it under the running tab.  It does not allow me to remove it.  It let's me stop it but then, even after a restart, it appears again.  Does anyone know how to get rid of this or how to manage it so it does not keep running on my phone and depleting my battery.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to stop Samsung Music from playing on phone?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can't you disable it or turn it off in the application manager to keep it from running?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

How to stop Samsung Music from playing on phone?
Christy6767
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is also happening with my phone since the update

sherbert
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine too, looking for answers as well!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi sherbert - We want you to be able to rock out when you choose to! Samsung is working to address these concerns in a future application update. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and we hope to see this resolved shortly.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can't you disable it or turn it off in the application manager to keep it from running?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Christy6767
Enthusiast - Level 2

I now have my replacement phone and this one does not have the newest update downloaded on it and it's working fine. The apps stay on the SD Card and the music doesn't start playing at random times. I will not download that newest software update. Verizon and Samsung can say it's not a software issue but I know better and with this new phone, I now have the proof. They lie!!!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Christy6767, glad to hear that your replacement device is working fine for you. Software updates are pushed to your device to give you the best wireless experience. It provides patches, which fixed software incompatible bugs and improved software performance to make your device more secure and it reduces conflict. However, some 3rd party applications can affect the performance of your device after downloading the software update.  Should you have any issues with the software update, it's suggested that you uninstall a few 3rd party applications that may be affecting the performance of it. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Christy6767
Enthusiast - Level 2

All of the apps disappeared, not just a few. So if just a few were being deleted, I'd agree with your statement, but it's ALL. And just the apps on the SD card. No 3rd party app on the phone itself was affected. I'm aware that the finger keeps getting pointed at the apps and not the update itself, no point in having an all powerful phone that can do everything for you if it can't hold can't hold its apps.

0 Likes
Rudolfo
Enthusiast - Level 2

When is an expected fix for this coming? It is really affecting my battery life.

0 Likes
Christy6767
Enthusiast - Level 2

Keep your fingers crossed, hopefully you will have an update soon, but I wouldn't count on. Whenever Samsung decides it's a big enough problem to warrant fixing.

0 Likes