How to unlock my S7 edge when I have forgotten the password
JOERAM98

I had turned off my phone, now I can't use my fingerprint to unlock it. And I forgot the password. So now I only have 4 attempts before it resets my phone to factory settings and I lose everything. How can I reset the password or unlock without it resetting to factory settings??

0 Likes
Re: How to unlock my S7 edge when I have forgotten the password
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important to us that you are able to access the phone, JOERAM98 and I would be happy to help you today. Let's go over a few pieces of information to turn this experience around.

Just for clarification, has the phone been backed up at any point to our Verizon Cloud http://vz.to/2cFzqJ2 or a third party app? Also, was the phone registered with Samsung at any point in time? Please provide us with a few additional details and we will be ready to continue helping.

SteveR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
melabarge

I've tried several ways, but all have been eliminated by Verizon, eg Samsungs "find my mobile" works on my old S5 but not on new S7s.  It lets you reset the password but this was eliminated on S7s.  Even if registered at Samsung, Verizon has eliminated the ability to find the phone or reset password.  There is also an Android Device Manager, but that needs to be enabled.  Alternate approach to try:  If you have a cloud account you could rely on the backup to the cloud.  I had an account, but was short of memory and didn't have all pic backed up.  Perhaps going into your online Verizon account and the cloud account, if you have phone enabled or get it enabled to cloud,  you can back up all data?   We are working that approach, but unfortunately, the one phone on my account is locked out of their on-line account and password reset gets sent to the phone (duh, a lot of good that does when phone is locked).  Verizon controls this however, so we will work that with them to see what can be done.   Verizon help at first always just suggests a "hard reset"... Problem solved (to them only as all data is wiped).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your efforts are appreciated and I'm here to help. We certainly don't want you to lose all of your content. Let's review all of your options. I will be sending you a Private Message momentarily.

AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes