I CAN'T RECEIVE VERIFICATION TEXT
bmacweav
Enthusiast - Level 2

i HAVE A FEW ACCOUNTS THAT I NEED TO GET INTO. WITH MY NEW PHONE , I CAN'T RECEIVE THE AUTHORIZATION TEXT.

Re: I CAN'T RECEIVE VERIFICATION TEXT
jav6
Champion - Level 3

What make/model phone is it?  Do you get the option of an email/phone call OR text for authorization?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
bmacweav
Enthusiast - Level 2

Galaxy s8. Just text.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that information, Bmacweav. Prior to your new phone, were you able to successfully log in to those other accounts? Are you having trouble receiving verification messages to other accounts than Verizon or is it just Verizon verification?   

Joey_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bmacweav
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can't receive the messages from the tax center, Facebook, and couple others I can't remember. And yes prior to switching to Verizon, I could receive them.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bmacweav, thanks for that clarification. It's important to us that you're able to receive your messages as needed. Typically, it does take 5 days to receive your messaging routing tables from the old service provider. How long ago did you switch your number over to us. Also, are the texts that are missed from short codes only (4 to 6-digit numbers)? If so, can you check under Settings> Apps> click the 3 dots and choose Show System Apps> Message Service and make sure the option for Premium SMS is set to Allow.

Ebony_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bmacweav
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone shows nothing about premium SMS and I have been with Verizon for 2 months.

0 Likes
bmacweav
Enthusiast - Level 2

and yes its short code only

0 Likes
bmacweav
Enthusiast - Level 2

it was under special access and it is on

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for confirming, bmacweav. We certainly want you to be able to receive all of your messages. Are you able to send and receive messages from other parties outside of the short code messages?

Tionna_VZW

0 Likes