I am currently traveling in the UK and would like to use my phone there. I was wondering if the Galaxy S5 is already unlocked so I can a region sim there, or if not; how would I proceed to get it unlocked
Michael102118

I am currently traveling in the UK and would like to use my phone there. I was wondering if the Galaxy S5 is already unlocked so I can a region sim there, or if not; how would I proceed to get it unlocked?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I am currently traveling in the UK and would like to use my phone there. I was wondering if the Galaxy S5 is already unlocked so I can a region sim there, or if not; how would I proceed to get it unlocked
greengrass95
Contributor - Level 2

Your s5 is unlocked. Get a local simcard from a local vendor and switch your setting to GSM. Your APN settings might need to be changed also. The vendor should be able to provide them to you.

You might get voice and texting and no data. (Or Maybe you will get lucky)

There are many posts about using a foreign simcard. Some people have had success and some didn't.

Keep us posted, and good luck.

View solution in original post

Re: I am currently traveling in the UK and would like to use my phone there. I was wondering if the Galaxy S5 is already unlocked so I can a region sim there, or if not; how would I proceed to get it unlocked
greengrass95
Contributor - Level 2

Your s5 is unlocked. Get a local simcard from a local vendor and switch your setting to GSM. Your APN settings might need to be changed also. The vendor should be able to provide them to you.

You might get voice and texting and no data. (Or Maybe you will get lucky)

There are many posts about using a foreign simcard. Some people have had success and some didn't.

Keep us posted, and good luck.

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Follow greengrass95 as he has the correct answer, you may have some loss of your phone's full features but it will work in most modes. But as greengrass95 said watch those SIM cards.