I am travelling in Australia and can receive calls, but can not make calls. Any suggestions?
mitchmc

I am using my Galaxy S4 in Australia.  When I first arrived, I was able to make and receive calls.  Now I can only receive calls.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I am travelling in Australia and can receive calls, but can not make calls.  Any suggestions?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for doing that for us, mitchmc.
We are anxious to get the calls flowing both ways. Please power the phone off. Once off, remove/reinsert the SIM card and power back on.

Also, make sure the correct dialing pattern is entered. The Australia country code is 61.
If you are calling the US, dialing requires a plus sign ( ). Most devices display the by holding down the zero (0) or the asterisk (*).
If you are calling locally in Australia,  Dial Plus Sign then Country Code (61) then Local Number with Area Code (if applicable.

Our global team is available for free 24/7 when you call from a landline http://vz.to/1o43QR1.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I am travelling in Australia and can receive calls, but can not make calls.  Any suggestions?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mitchmc

That definitely does not sound good at all. I want you to be able to enjoy your trip, not worry about your phone! Before you left, did you provision your account for global travel? Please double check your phone settings to make sure they are enabled correctly http://vz.to/1uHzgEe Also, do you notice any issues with any of your other services like text or data?

SandyS_VZW

0 Likes
Re: I am travelling in Australia and can receive calls, but can not make calls. Any suggestions?
mitchmc

OK, I did all that, but it still only receives calls.  When I dial a number

to the U.S., I get a recording saying my call can't be connected.

Regards,

Mitchell R.

Personal Information removed as required by the

Message was edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: I am travelling in Australia and can receive calls, but can not make calls. Any suggestions?
mitchmc

Hello again,

It was working earlier this week, by the way.

Regards,

Mitchell

Personal information removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for doing that for us, mitchmc.
We are anxious to get the calls flowing both ways. Please power the phone off. Once off, remove/reinsert the SIM card and power back on.

Also, make sure the correct dialing pattern is entered. The Australia country code is 61.
If you are calling the US, dialing requires a plus sign ( ). Most devices display the by holding down the zero (0) or the asterisk (*).
If you are calling locally in Australia,  Dial Plus Sign then Country Code (61) then Local Number with Area Code (if applicable.

Our global team is available for free 24/7 when you call from a landline http://vz.to/1o43QR1.

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes