I am trying to get my phone to connect to my laptop but I am having issues. The drivers say that the device is working properly but I am still unable to transfer files.
tizzymae
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have gone in and ensured the MTP is selected on my phone but it still doesn't show up on my computer for me to transfer the files.

0 Likes
Re: I am trying to get my phone to connect to my laptop but I am having issues. The drivers say that the device is working properly but I am still unable to transfer files.
Snn5
Legend

Are they generic drivers or Samsung drivers?

Re: I am trying to get my phone to connect to my laptop but I am having issues. The drivers say that the device is working properly but I am still unable to transfer files.
tizzymae
Enthusiast - Level 2

I believe it's Samsung drivers. I'm just hooking my phone up to the

laptop. Everything installs on its own. Then I'll get the message that

says the process hosting the driver for this device has terminated. I've

Uninstalled and restarted my computer and my phone and its still saying the

same thing.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Wonder if it is another lollipop upgrade related failure.

tizzymae
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm thinking that's what it is. I'm sick of going to Verizon about it. My

phone hasn't been the same since the update. They don't seem to be doing

much about it either.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Are you trying to backup so you can factory reset?

If yes, what are you backing up?

......and to a Windows laptop?

0 Likes
tizzymae
Enthusiast - Level 2

No I'm just trying to transfer music files to my phone.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Can you transfer the files to the Micro SD via a card reader?

mama23dogs
Legend

There is probably an app for doing that wirelessly.

WHere is the music stored now?  What music program?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You could bluetooth the files, but that would take forever.  I suggest a fast wireless approach like SuperBeam in the Play Store.  I use it and its a Direct WiFi-like procedure that is super fast.  It has a desktop side app and an Android app.  You scan a QR code or enter a code and it sends to and from each device.