I cannot find "find my mobile" anywhere
TAEPARK27
Enthusiast - Level 2

I read both Samsung and Verizon's instructions on how to set up "find my mobile" which are basically same.

so I go under Settings, then Lock Screen and Security.

But I just cannot find "find my mobile" there. Are my eyes weird?

Do I have to enable something for this to even show?

Can anyone help please? I looked at the setting over and over, but I just cannot find it.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I cannot find "find my mobile" anywhere
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are always here to help AngeliaS. I apologize for the confusion regarding the link we provided.

Samsung Find My Mobile is not available for this device. This is working as designed and approved by Verizon. As an alternative to locate the device, users can utilize the Android Device Manager service through Google to locate their device in a similar manner.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Itsmatt
Enthusiast - Level 1

In their infinite wisdom, Verizon removed that feature because they offer their own paid version...which is absolutely asinine.

Android Device Manager in the play store does mostly the same thing and is free as well.

Jacobm69

I can not find this option either on my S8+ . There verizon website explains how to do it but the options are not on my phone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us. We want to make sure you are in the right place. Is this the feature you are speaking of, https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-99841/? Is your device on the most recent software available?

JavierMD_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this! 

0 Likes
AngeliaS
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon Customer Support -

The link you provided takes us to a Samsung S5 Support page, where none of the settings are the same.  We are in a Samsung S8 discusson forum - so obviously we have S8 phones!  You have not even come close to answering our question.

P.S. not everyone uses Twitter.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are always here to help AngeliaS. I apologize for the confusion regarding the link we provided.

Samsung Find My Mobile is not available for this device. This is working as designed and approved by Verizon. As an alternative to locate the device, users can utilize the Android Device Manager service through Google to locate their device in a similar manner.

JohnB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jawaka99

"approved by Verizon"?

Why is this up to Verizon to approve and not up to the user?

Especially when we're charged over $1000 for the phone?

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes