I'm having GPS issues
gwop325

I'm having GPS issues with my S7, my wife is having the same issues. I took my phone in to my local Verizon store the first time and was sent a refurbished  phone, before installing the sim card I turned the phone on and used WiFi for data the new phone has similar isues. I called Verizon  and  I asked if I could return my phones because  obviously  the S7 has some issues. I was told no because it was over the 14 days and Samsung  would have to refund me, I was then transfered to Samsung customer service and was told I would have to bring the phone to a Samsung rep for further trouble shooting.  The next day I took our phones to Best Buy, spoke with a Samsung rep and they said that it was a verizon software issue . I then took the phones to the verizon store and  the S7 that was on display had the same issues. The Verizon employees  told me that there was nothing that they could do and that it was a Samsung software issue. Looking for some assitance and I'm tired of getting the back and forth. I'very been a loyal Verizon  customer  for over 7 years, I currently  have 6 lines and just purchased  these phones  3 weeks ago.

0 Likes
Re: I'm having GPS issues
bearone21
Legend

what issues??

0 Likes
gwop325

When using gmaps my location  will change from a street away till miles away, so it gives me directions  from those locations. Also, when I pull up my location  sitting on my couch  in  my home, my location will be a mile away or moving down the street, a will jump back to my home. I'm done all the trouble shooting  steps with no joy. Are you have the same issues? When speaking with Verizon, I was told this is a few others with the same issue. As you saw above I've seen 4 S7s with the same issue

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I haven't seen that with my S7E.

0 Likes
ELIPAR37
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having GPS issues also. I got my new phone for Christmas. Suddenly it is starting to read my location incorrectly. The GPS says I am a mile away from where I actually am. This renders the GPS useless. I have tried all the fixes suggested on Google. I will be calling Verizon.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Elipar37,

It's important that your phones the right location. Let's fix this. Was there a recent update for Maps that was installed? Let's get your GPS settings. Please go to settings>privacy and safety>location>locating method and select "GPS, WIFI, and Mobile Networks. Please let me know if it was able to detect your actual location.

KatrinaN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
gwop325

Katrina,

I've done all the trouble shooting  at Verizon and Samsung  rep. If you read the first post my phone, my wife's, the replacement  phone and the demo phone at the store all had the same issues. Also, "Google samsung s7 gps issues." Apparently,  there is a issue with Samsung  s7 phones and I guess I bought  a bad phone a verizon  says I'm stuck with it..... I guess I'll being seeking another cell phone  company that stands behind the products  that they sell and takes care of customers  that got sold a [Removed] phone.

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don’t want to see you leave gwop325. Is it happening with some apps or all? Are you inside, outside or both when you’re having the issue?

StevenM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes