I need to talk to someone from vzw about my phone screen not turning on.
Razorx313

I need to talk to someone from vzw about my phone screen not turning on. Because the phone won't turn on, I can't call to get assistance. Why is it so fudging hard to get help online and be able to talk to someone????

0 Likes
Re: I need to talk to someone from vzw about my phone screen not turning on.
JGwiz
Contributor - Level 1

The S4 has documented issues with the display going dark for no apparent reason.  This happened to my wife's S4 twice, and both times the phone was replaced under warranty.  The problem seems to originate with a small, undetectable crack under the surface glass on the LCD display.  These cracks develop structurally and not the result of abuse or accidental damage.

If you take it to a Verizon store, they should be able to confirm there is no damage to the phone and get a replacement under warranty ordered for you.  At least, that's how it worked for me.

Oh...just for kicks, try holding down the home button and the power button together for 10 or 15 seconds.  This is a "reboot" of the phone and may or may not have any effect.

Good luck!

0 Likes
Re: I need to talk to someone from vzw about my phone screen not turning on.
jbal
Enthusiast - Level 3

My wife's S4 has had a dark screen twice now when she went to wake it up. The cure seemed to be removing the battery and putting it back in then restarting the phone which seemed to work since after holding in the power button the phone came to life.

0 Likes
Re: I need to talk to someone from vzw about my phone screen not turning on. Because the phone won't turn on, I can't call to get assistance. Why is i
Robin55

running into same problem.  can't disconnect a device online they make ya call then ya can't reach anyone.  these big companies are a pain in the butt and care nothing about customer service and we pay a lot for these dang phones.  Super frustrating that large corp can't make customer service a priority.  I am now on hold and most likely will be for awhile.  Going to look at bundling with Xfinity, another large corp but perhaps i can actually reach someone when i need to....  Ughhh

0 Likes