I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S20 5G about 5 months ago. Recently, I began to notice the phone getting hot to touch from time to time. . Nothi
Mouthymama1108

I signed up as a new customer on contract and purchased a Samsung Galaxy S20 5G about 5 months ago. Recently, I began noticing that when talking on long phone calls or using the phone for an extended amount of time, the phone would become warm to the touch. . It was nothing alarming, however I am certain that my phone was not heating up like that in the 4 prior months. . 

I plugged my phone in as usual to charge, and when I entered the room just minutes later, there was SMOKE coming from the charging port area of my phone!!!! . . .I ran to it and out of instinct, picked it up and it nearly burned my hand it was so hot. . The charger had actually fused itself to the charging port of my phone!.  I immediately visited the nearest Verizon office and with the use of pliers, they helped to remove the burned/melted charger from the charging port. . 

• I received a new device covered under warranty, and now they are REFUSING Warranty coverage because there is some damage at the charging port where the charger melted itself to the phone   . Their reasoning is tScreenshot_20220110-124705_Gmail.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S20 5G about ot to touch from time to time. . Nothi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are very sorry to hear about the experience you shared.  We want you to receive the support that you deserve. We will need access to your account. Please navigate to our Support page and view our Contact Us section for your desired method of support. Please use this link:https://www.verizon.com/support/contact-us/  -Bobby Johnson

0 Likes