I want Glympse OFF
Wolfform
Enthusiast - Level 2

I hate Glympse, I don't want Glympse, I NEVER wanted Glympse, yet I cannot use my messaging app without Glympse butting in at the top of my messages if not over the entire screen. I've gone through the forums, I've gone through the settings, I've looked through the phone and yet, even when I tell it to disable, THERE it is the next time I get a text message. I am not disabling my phone's location as I use that for other apps and to locate my phone if the bugger decides to wander off. 

I've tried to contact Verizon tech support but, their less than a minute wait time turns into 20mins really fast. I just can't wait around for that long for an answer on how to turn off/remove this foolish app that I NEVER approved.

So, I ask anybody who has taken the time to read this rant, " HOW DO I TURN OFF/REMOVE GLYMPSE FROM MY VERIZON MESSAGES?" Only put it in caps so the question is easily distinguishable from my rant. Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I want Glympse OFF
Wolfform
Enthusiast - Level 2

I may have found the solution. I pressed the Glympse G in the little extras tab at the bottom of a message and acted as though I was going to use it. It told me to always approve the app using location in the next prompt. Prompt showed up, I hit never allow Messages + to use location and confirmed.

I haven't seen the irritating Glympse window again, yet, so I am warily optimistic that the intrusive little virus-like leech of an app may be dead or at least sleeping....for now.

Seriously, Verizon, this may be surprising to your pencil necked tech programmers, but NOT everyone wants to share their location all the time! Ask your customers if they want some foolish leech app in their messenger instead of just sticking it in there and promising folks, "Oh, you'll like it! It's so awesome!" Then making it a hassle to shut off. If anything you're just encouraging the already way too common fiddling with your phone while driving! What is wrong with you?!

/endrant 

#hopefullyoptimistic 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wolfform
Enthusiast - Level 2

I may have found the solution. I pressed the Glympse G in the little extras tab at the bottom of a message and acted as though I was going to use it. It told me to always approve the app using location in the next prompt. Prompt showed up, I hit never allow Messages + to use location and confirmed.

I haven't seen the irritating Glympse window again, yet, so I am warily optimistic that the intrusive little virus-like leech of an app may be dead or at least sleeping....for now.

Seriously, Verizon, this may be surprising to your pencil necked tech programmers, but NOT everyone wants to share their location all the time! Ask your customers if they want some foolish leech app in their messenger instead of just sticking it in there and promising folks, "Oh, you'll like it! It's so awesome!" Then making it a hassle to shut off. If anything you're just encouraging the already way too common fiddling with your phone while driving! What is wrong with you?!

/endrant 

#hopefullyoptimistic 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We understand your concern and will be happy to help. We'd like to ask a few questions to better assist you. Is the device software and Verizon Message + app up to date? What steps did you follow to disable Glympse? ~Christian

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wolfform, please keep us updated if the steps you have taken worked. 

-Tionna

0 Likes