Identical Speaker Phone problem 2 different devices?
FijiEM2

I am at whits end here trying to figure out this problem. I'll Start off with a few notes

Account age (4-5 years) PREPAID

Account has had just 1 phone line for the Majority of that 4-5 years.

Added a NEW line to my account for a total of (2) lines on ONE prepaid account.

I have NEVER had a single issue with call quality or service with this account.

My wife uses the SECOND line on the account, We purchased a USED Galaxy S7 in pristine condition.

We both live in an area where we both get 3-4 out of 5 bars constantly. So it's not an issue of service.

Now here's the wierd part. On the S7 device if she uses speaker phone ANYONE she calls or calls hear CAN NOT hear her it's constantly distorted or breaking up.

We fought this for 8 months and couldn't take it anymore, so we purchased a Galaxy S9 after we were told there HAD to be a hardware issue with the speaker on the S7.

Here we are 3 days after activating the S9 and it's doing the EXACT same thing the S7 was doing. Phone works when you hold it up to your ear, but once it's put on speaker it's an IMMEDIATE drop of quality in the audio. There is NO WAY this is a coincidence with 2 different devices manufactured YEARS apart. This has to be a setting issue with that particular phone line or a setting in general.

I want to add that BOTH the S7 and the S9 were factory reset and updated prior to use.

PLEASE HELP!!! HOW CAN WE FIX THIS PROBLEM!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Identical Speaker Phone problem 2 different devices?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important that you are able to use your speakerphone, FijiEM2. Are the devices in a protective case? Have you tried using them on a different line of service, to see if they are still affected? 

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Identical Speaker Phone problem 2 different devices?
FijiEM2

It is important that you are able to use your speakerphone, FijiEM2. Are the devices in a protective case? Have you tried using them on a different line of service, to see if they are still affected?

Galaxy S9 is in an Otterbox case

Galaxy S7 was in an Otterbox case also

Using it on a different line of service? Not exactly sure what you mean here. Is just this one particular phone line on the account that seems to be having trouble. It's not allowing the USER to have use of the speaker phone. When the user puts a call on speaker phone to the USER can hear the other person just fine but the other person on call cant hear the USER because the connection sounds distant/scratchy/distorted. I seriously feel like this is an issue on the verizon side here because it's having IDENTICAL problems between two different devices that were used on the one line of the account.

0 Likes