If I get a new sim card, can my mother use my old S4 while I use old sim card on my new S5?
aeonfrog

I just want to make sure that activating a new sim card on my old S4 won't screw up anything with our account.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: If I get a new sim card, can my mother use my old S4 while I use old sim card on my new S5?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm assuming your Mom already has Verizon service, has a current data plan, and is just planning on switching phones to your S4?  If so, then yes ... get a new SIM card for it, activate it, and off she goes.  If she doesn't already have service, then obviously she'd have to activate a new line of service.  Likewise, if she doesn't already have a data plan, she'd have to add one (unless you're on a More Everything plan).  Then you can use your SIM card in the S5.  SIM cards are free at your local Corporate Verizon store, or you can request one from Customer Service.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: If I get a new sim card, can my mother use my old S4 while I use old sim card on my new S5?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm assuming your Mom already has Verizon service, has a current data plan, and is just planning on switching phones to your S4?  If so, then yes ... get a new SIM card for it, activate it, and off she goes.  If she doesn't already have service, then obviously she'd have to activate a new line of service.  Likewise, if she doesn't already have a data plan, she'd have to add one (unless you're on a More Everything plan).  Then you can use your SIM card in the S5.  SIM cards are free at your local Corporate Verizon store, or you can request one from Customer Service.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I forgot to mention that the S5 comes with a pre-installed NFC  SIM card.