In call volume very low after recent upgrade Samsung Galaxy S10
wiltl
Enthusiast - Level 2

My in call volume is now very low, but still clear, after the upgrade that was pushed on 4/7.  I installed it late that evening and then during two calls yesterday found that it was hard to hear the person I was talking to, but they could hear me fine.  I've run through the troubleshooting steps listed in the online support tool, short of a full factory reset (need to back up my data and want this to be the last resort).  
Speaker is fine, all other sounds are fine.  This isn't the best time to go without my only phone, and obviously can't really go to the store for help right now.  

Any other ideas?  Suggestions from Support?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: In call volume very low after recent upgrade Samsung Galaxy S10
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wiltl

Updates are meant to optimize your phone not hinder them so I am sorry if this was your experience. Here is a link that will show you how to adjust your volume controls, click here https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-222981/.  Make sure the volumes are adjusted on each category to best fit your needs.

EdwardL_VZW

0 Likes
wiltl
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, this isn't it.  Checking the volume under settings was the very first step I took.  Didn't make a bit of difference.  It's my IN CALL volume, not overall volume.  My speaker volume during a call is fine.  In call sounds like its half power no matter what I do.  

As I already stated, I've done everything in the online troubleshooting tool except a full factory reset due to other circumstances where I need something resembling a working phone.  Looking for another resolution.

Tags (1)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you clarifying that information. Do you have a screen protector that is cover the earpiece at all?  Does this happen on all calls or specific calls?  AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes
wiltl
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, the screen cover is the original that came with the phone and the case is not covering the ear piece.

It happens on each and every call.

I've checked all of these things.  

Tags (1)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wiltl, thank you for these details. I understand the discontent that can come in processing a Factory Reset although doing so typically corrects most errors associated with software updates. Let's try running your phone in Safe Mode first: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-223011/. Please let us know if there is any change.  TanishaS_VZW

0 Likes
wiltl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'd already done safe mode, but tried again and there is no change.

I'm working to back up my data now, but what else that isn't in the troubleshooting guide can I try.  I've done everything in the guide, except the factory reset.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wiltl,

I greatly appreciate you trying that and I'm sorry to hear it didn't help. I wish I had additional steps to provide but the things that we think will work in any given situation end up in the guide so there aren't any extra steps we can give. If that doesn't help the next step will be completing that factory reset, though we'll want to make sure that back up is done first. 

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
EmilyCole15
Enthusiast - Level 1

Although this original post was from 4-2020, I have had the exact same situation with my VZW SGS10, however, mine started more recently. It was 2 updates ago from today, 12/5/2020. I was hopeful the most recent update (in the last week or two) would correct this bug issue, but it did not. I've also attempted all suggested options to troubleshoot to correct the issue, as the original poster and as the VZW assistant suggested. My question is, are they bug fixes for this issue in the works? Will the next update actually correct the problem? If nothing is being done to correct this issue please add this correction to the next update ASAP. I've only had this phone for 6 months. I still owe $600.00 on it. I will be switching carriers if this isn't fixed, and promptly, as this has been an issue since 4/2020. It is insane for me to continue to pay off a virtually brand new phone and to the tune of $600.00 if your products work less than 6 months. I hope you can understand how frustrating and unfair this is to your customers. I appreciate your review and prompt resolution. Thank you.

0 Likes
JHNMJ23

This literally started today on my phone after the most recent update. I've done absolutely everything just short of a factory reset. It's really upsetting. 

0 Likes