Inbound email cannot connect to the server (Samsung S5)
BGS_BUSINESS

I am able to send emails with no problem, but have not been able to sync inbound emails for 3 days.

There has been no change to my email account nor the server settings.

Get an alert that says "cannot connect safely to server" when I verify settings.

My email account is an ATT account "sbcglobal.net".

I have tried all the "fixes" on the web, but nothing seems to work.

Next steps????

0 Likes
Re: Inbound email cannot connect to the server (Samsung S5)
bearone21
Legend

delete the account & re-create it using "auto", not manual.

0 Likes
LTINREDDING

Even in manual set up, I get unable to set up account, unable to safely connect to server

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LTINREDDING, we are sorry to hear that you are suddenly experiencing issues with that email on your phone and appreciate how hard you have been working to get this resolved. When adding the email back to the device, are you connected to Wi-Fi or the cellular data network? Are you experiencing issues with any other email accounts?

LorenB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
marcatm

The same problem started 2/22/18 on my Samsung S4. I can't receive incoming verizon.net email (Yahoo/Gmail are fine). Spent over 10 hours with VZW and AOL support but NOTHING helps. How can I delete/reinstall Android mail app?

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

There isn't an Android Mail app to delete/reinstall, the operating system can sync email addresses directly under Settings---> Accounts, so that is where the Verizon/AOL email account settings can be changed, deleted or added. There's also an AOL app downloadable from the Google Play Store to access email that way

0 Likes
Craig26

I'm having the same problem which also started 2/22/18 on my Samsung S5. I can't receive incoming Verizon.net email. All settings are correct and I receive an error message: Cannot safely connect to server.  I have no problem sending emails.  I deleted the account and tried to reenter and now I get a message that says: "Unable to set up account" "Cannot safely connect to server.  I tried reentering using manual and auto set-up.  I've also tried using both wi-fi and Verizon cellular data to no avail.

Any help from Verizon on this issue would be appreciated!

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Are you entering your full email address in the setup including the ‘verizon.net’ part? What server settings are you using?

0 Likes
ALODDCATS

I can't speak for the others, but this problem also started on 2/22/18 on my Samsung Galaxy S4. I had made no changes in my settings and had been using Android to access my Verizon.net mail (via aol) since November. Nothing had changed in my settings, the failure occurs when connected via wifi and mobile data, and I have not updated my device software since 2/21/18. Therefore, I think the cause is on the aol/Verizon end.

Your thoughts?

Al

0 Likes
lisasue

Having the exact same problem with Samsung S4. First time was on 2/15, then it corrected itself and emails came in until a few days later the problem occurred again for a few hours and corrected itself eventually. As of 2/22 the problem has occurred and I have tried what everyone above also tried, to no avail. How do we get an answer to this problem???

0 Likes