Incoming WiFi calls dropping
automate11

I'm getting a lot of dropped incoming calls on my S9 when using WiFi calling.  It usually happens during the 1st minute of the call.   After a drop, the phone shows that I missed a call even though I was able to have a good two way conversation for a period of time with the caller before the drop.

I'm in zipcode 30120 with a weak 4G signal so i use WiFi which is a good reliable signal.

Outgoing calls don't seem to have the same problem

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Incoming WiFi calls dropping
bearone21
Legend

poor wi-fi that is an issue with your internet provider or router, if you're providing it.

0 Likes
automate11

If it is my internet provider why would it only happen on new incoming calls?  I can talk for hours on outgoing calls without a problem.  An internet/wifi problem would cause problems with both.  Also, I don't have any issses with any other software or services over the same WiFi.

Please don't give me your pat answers

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello automate11, we know how inconvenient dropped calls can be, and we'd love to help. We checked and don't any outages in the area. When did the problem start? What software version do you have on your S9? Do you have the same problem when connected to a different Wi-Fi network?

UbaldoJ_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that we provide the correct information. WiFi calls are not made over our network. Do you have the same trouble with other WiFi networks?

RogerZ_VZW

0 Likes
automate11

I have only had the phone for about a month.

I have noticed the problem in the last week or two.

This is the only location I really use WiFi calling.

Android version 9.

I just upgraded today to Kernal version 4.9.112 so the problems so far were on the version before that.

0 Likes
automate11

Happened again today so the system update did not help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the additional details automate11. Is the issue happening with specific phone numbers or does it happen with anyone who calls you? What error message shows on the device when the calls drops? Do you have another WiFi network you can try this on? This will help us narrow down what is causing the issue. 

RashadM_VZW

0 Likes
automate11

As stated in my first post when the dropped call happens the phone shows that I misssed the call even though I was having a conversation and we could both hear each other.  Like the phone does not realize the call was connected even though it was.

This has happened from multiple callers from different numbers.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Automate11, thanks for providing me with these details. We want to make sure you can stay connected to your phone calls while using Wi-Fi Calling. Can you please reset the phone app in your device. Check out this link to see the steps https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-216820/ Once this is completed, please re-try an incoming Wi-Fi Call. Keep us posted. KevinR_VZW

0 Likes