Incoming call display changed on its own. Why? Hate it! How to get old display back
BYOUNGDA

Just woke one morning and my incoming call display was different. Colors, ID, etc. There was no update performed overnight. I do not want this. How do I get my original display to return?

0 Likes
Re: Incoming call display changed on its own. Why? Hate it! How to get old display back
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model do you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Re: Incoming call display changed on its own. Why? Hate it! How to get old display back
BYOUNGDA

I have a Samsung 7 (SM-G930V). My husband and I have the exact same phone

purchased the same day and his did not change. I have gone through all my

settings trying to return but to no avail.

Very frustrated as I am not a teenager who likes all these changing colors.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

can't you change it back in settings/display??

BYOUNGDA

It doesn't even have the original display options available any longer. We

compared each display setting to my husband's phone, which is identical to

mine, and they are now different. It's as if I woke up one day with a new

phone. No update was done.

I guess I will have to take in to store. Thankfully I am not too far from a

corporate store vs. a retail. Don't know what they will be able to do.

<<removed>>

<< Content removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service >>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Not to worry, BYOUNGDA. I completely understand how important it is to have your personal preferences in place especially on your cell phone. I'm terribly sorry the incoming call display changed without warning. I am eager to help get the original display back. Have you found any other screens impacted? Can you share a screenshot of the display? What software version are you running? Here is a link to details on how to check your software version: http://bit.ly/2HXECqb

Let's rule out third party software as the culprit. Please click on the following link for instructions on placing your phone in safe mode: http://vz.to/2HVRdu0 While in safe mode, your third-party apps are unavailable, all other functions operate normally. Check the incoming call display while in safe mode. After testing, you can take your phone out of safe mode with a power cycle. Please let us know the results.

GinaU_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BYOUNGDA

Thank you for your assistance. I have attached a screenshot of the

software. Since the only time the display shows is during the incoming call

I could not take a screenshot. What I did do was have my husband call me

and then take a pic showing the screen and color changes.  I have also

included how his incoming looks which is how my phone used to be.

I hope this can be corrected. I attempted to change themes hoping that

would help but it didn't on an incoming call. All other displays are the

same including wallpaper. Only incoming calls changed. Any other colors

would be better than this pink, fushia, orangey look. Smiley Happy

<<removed>>

<< Content removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service >>

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is no attachment in your post. You can't attach a image as an attachment to the email reply to a notification of a post in the Verizon Wireless Community forum. You need to sign into the community forum and navigate to this discussion thread and add the image directly.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.