Increased battery usage after G920VVRS4DQE1 update
JOSSZO81

Before update G920VVRS4DQE1 was installed, the battery used to last up to 2 days, if I didn't use the phone much.  After the update installed, I'm lucky if it lasts 10 hours.  On the battery usage page, the Recent Battery Usage percentages only add up to about half of the battery % used. Android System and Phone Idle are the highest percentages. I've restarted it several times, and it has shut itself off a number of time when the battery drains.

Any ideas on what the problem might be and how to fix it would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Increased battery usage after G920VVRS4DQE1 update
JOSSZO81

I forgot mention, this is for a Samsung Galaxy S6

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

How old is the phone? Have you cleared the cache partition in recovery mode? Do you have a backup of the phone via smart switch or Kies? Unfortunately we can"t return these phones to the original settings once we update. If you have cleared the cache and that did not work the next thing they recommend is doing the factory reset. That is why I asked about the backup. One other thing you could try before the factory reset is to put the phone in download mode ( volume down-power-home ) and connect it to your computer and try going here.....   Repair Assistant - Software Upgrade Assistant (Samsung) | Verizon Wireless

Sometimes when we do the update OTA a file can be corrupt and will make the phone act up. This way it gets it right thru the computer and should be more stable

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Forgot to ask what is the % of the android system on the battery?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Josszo81, my goal is to make sure that you have more than enough battery power to last you all day. Kathy657963 has suggested great options help out with the battery life. One thing I would like to ask is, since the software update, have you gone through and made sure that all of your apps are also updated in the Google Play Store? If not, I would recommend updating those apps and re-try the device. Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
donchentico

This update causes problems in 4G LTE or Data Plan, at least I caused them and someone else was reported here

https://www.sammobile.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37721

I almost always need to restart it, or remove APN and re-create it

0 Likes