Intermittently don't receive texts or phone calls when I am on WiFi
ChaseBC127
Enthusiast - Level 2

As the title mentions, when I am connected to WiFi, I randomly do not receive texts or phone calls.  I've had people call me and they say it rings, then goes to voice mail, but my phone never receives the call.  Same thing with texts; they send texts but I receive nothing.

I've noticed that if I log into vtext.com to check my text messages online, I can see all my missing text messages.  So when I noticed I am missing texts, I'll turn my WiFi off, then after about 5 minutes everything flows through to my phone.

Here's what I have tried so far:

-My primary texting app is Textra.  I've tried using both the Samsung and Android texting apps, but the issue persists on those apps.  I know Verizon has their own texting app, but I do not want to use that one.

-Reset my network settings

-Turned off WiFi calling

-Restarted my phone countless times (this does not help sync up my texts in the near term or long term)

Within the last couple weeks, the issue has been happening constantly.  Any help would be very much appreciated!  If there is no fix for this, I feel like my only option might be to change to a different provider, which I do not want to do (I've been with Verizon for 10+ years), so any help would be appreciated!!

Re: Intermittently don't receive texts or phone calls when I am on WiFi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's definitely important for you to receive your text messages and phone calls in a timely manner, ChaseBC127. We certainly appreciate your service over the last decade and don't want to see you move to another provider. We definitely know your phone is working correctly on the Verizon network since this is only happening when you are connected to WiFi.

I want to be sure we are on the same page with regards to your messaging apps. We can further troubleshoot the messaging issue when working with Messages + or the stock Messages app. Since you're using a third party messaging app I recommend to reach out to the app developer directly for further assistance. You will find a link to the website as well as a direct email in the Developer section here: http://bit.ly/2nSgWu8

I certainly would not expect for WiFi to have any bearing on calls unless you were using WiFi calling. Thank you for attempting to troubleshoot the issue, you are on the right track. Do you recall any changes on your phone just before this issue started such as new apps, settings, or software for example? Are you experiencing trouble when connected to a particular WiFi network? Do you have trouble making calls when WiFi is turned on? You mentioned this seems to be a random issue. Are you not receiving calls from certain numbers? If you go to Settings>System Updates>Check For System Updates is your phone showing that you are up to date?

LaurenC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes
bdomogala

I'm having this same issue on my Moto E4. Texts do not come for days after they're sent from others, and I don't receive phone calls at all except when I'm outside of my house. I have 3-5 bars of service outside and 1-3 bars of service inside my house. Sometimes I can restart the phone and receive missed voicemails, but no missed call notifications ever show up. I can't restart my phone every hour. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bdomogala, I wouldn't want to be missing messages or voicemails either. I appreciate you sharing that signal information with us. We can take a look at this together, but we do need some additional information. Can you share the city/state where this is happening, and if possible, the closest intersection/cross street?

JohnT_VZW

0 Likes
Mushi4life

Hi,

I am getting this issue when I am connected to certain wifi networks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mushi4life-

Having a consistent signal at all times is important. Let's look into this for you. When did you first notice this issue started? Has there been a recent change such as a software update, application download or has there been any changes on your phone recently?

CarmenT_VZW

0 Likes