Internet connectivity issues with recent Marshmallow update
papervoices
Enthusiast - Level 2

Updated my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge yesterday with the new Marshmallow update. But now I keep having Internet connection issues whether on WiFi and 4G. I keep getting disconnected to e-mail, Facebook, and basically all other apps that require Internet connectivity. It's really getting frustrating because I thought the update is supposed to make our phone software BETTER, not worse. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Internet connectivity issues with recent Marshmallow update
cahillsr
Enthusiast - Level 3

I believe I have found a fix for the WiFi problems with 6.0.1.  There seems to be a bug with power saving feature that prevents apps from accessing the Internet. I turned off power savings and WiFi problems seem to be gone. It's only been 2 days but so far it seems to have fixed it. If you are having WiFi problems and have power savings turned on try turning it off

View solution in original post

Jacko4
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing. Also getting an error message when trying to download things

Vicram83
Enthusiast - Level 3

I Have that issue also! And my phone keeps turning off by itself so frustrating

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Papervoices, the software update was intended to make your device work better and I am concerned about the issues you are experiencing. Let me help to fix these issues with your internet and Wi-Fi connections. What's your zip code? When you attempt to connect via Wi-Fi, have you double checked the settings to make sure they are the same as before the update? Here's a link to help you with the Wi-Fi connection http://tiny.cc/tjzmay . Please check and get back to us with more details so we can assist further.   
EdwinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
csmpez
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's funny how no one had WiFi issues (along with all the other problems) until after the OS 6.0 Marshmallow update to our phones.

PishaLove
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also experiencing the same issues since the update. All of my apps have been updated, the WiFi connection is strong, but pages and apps won't load or it continously tells me to "check Internet connection." I have to restart my phone numerous times just to scroll through Facebook or play a game. Is there something I missed? Something I need to do? Also, Pandora won't continously play unless the screen is open to the app. None of this starting happening until the update. Please fix this. It's ridiculously time consuming and an absolute inconvenience.

papervoices
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello, Edwin. Yes, my Wi-Fi settings are the same as before. I've even triple-checked. I've also restarted my phone several times. I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with my Internet service because all my other devices (laptop, desktop, tablet) are working fine and don't have the same issue I'm having with my phone ever since the Marshmallow update. Now Pandora crashes too every time I try to open it. Is there any other troubleshooting tip that you could give?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello papervoices! Let's speed things up again for you. First off I wanted to verify what your speeds are reflecting while connected to data and while on Wi-Fi. Please conduct a speed test here: http://spr.ly/6581Bcl2W Lastly, I would recommend that all applications are completely updated for maximum performance.

KristieQ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
csmpez
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine Internet connection speed is 16.4 / 15.7.  Pretty sad that all devices in the house are fine and stream with no issues, but after this update my phone is now looking for wifi connection... and drops constantly after the update...[removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] !  Can barely stream music after this update.

Lizthisis
Enthusiast - Level 2

I find it really frustrating that verizon keeps trying to insinuate that it's a phone issue and not a software update issue.  There are three people with smart phones in my home and I am the only one with any internet connectivity issues.  I would like to know when they're going to release the software update with the bug fixes.  Using my phone has become an unpleasant experience for me and I'm really disappointed with the lack of real answers.