Re: Internet connectivity issues with recent Marshmallow update
RussM92844
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too am having issues with my S6 connectivity issues. I've called Verizon 8 times since the update, Netgear 3 times, even replaced my modem/router and been on the phone with Samsung for 40 minutes. All of them trying to pass the buck on someone else. I had no issues whatsoever before the update, so I know it's the new software. My old phone works great, no issues. Verizon needs to step up to the plate and admit there is a problem with the WIFI on the Marshmallow software to put everyone's minds at ease. I had to increase my data plan to compensate for the lack of WIFI, is that really fair Verizon????? Seems like a tactic the Petroleum Companys use to increase their profits, poor customer service in my books. If they only knew how frustrating this experience has been, I can't count the number of HOURS spent on trying to resolve this problem. I'm thinking of changing carriers.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello RussM92844! I'm so sorry to learn that you're having trouble since updating your device to the newest software version. There will be no passing the buck here, I'm here to help you. Do you notice a pattern as to when this happens? Is it when your phone is in standby mode? Is it happening while browsing in apps and on the Internet?

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Sprtdocc99
Enthusiast - Level 2

So Verizon, any suggestions or fixes? Haven't heard back from you? My magic jack app that I use for my job doesn't work either! Thanks!

0 Likes
GrnDino
Enthusiast - Level 1

For my issue, wiping the cache partition seems to have worked, no issues for a couple of days.  I would recommend trying this if you haven't yet.  Good luck finding a solution.

0 Likes
tinapiggy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here and it is NOT my internet.  This has only been a problem since the update.

henningdj370
Enthusiast - Level 2

With all the replies to this thread one would think this issue would be a top priority.  It is NOT a new issue with the Marshmallow upgrade (see internet on problem with Nexus phones a year ago).  This is what I experience on my Galaxy S6:  If I turn wifi on (AT&T network working at 45 mps) using wireless router that other devices use flawlessly, the Galaxy seems to make intermittent connection.  Google maps doesn't work (no data connection message), and my apps upgrades have been queued for days for the downloads don't work.  But as soon as I turn off the wifi, those things work fine.  data connection thru the phone network lets data through.  maps work, app upgrades progress, etc.  I have gone through the troubleshooting steps to remove the wifi connection and rebuild it, I have reset my router with AT&T, I have restarted the phone multiple times (multi, multi, multiple times) and finally I did the ultimate : factory reset.  Guess what, when the system came back upgraded to android version 6.0.1, it still did the same thing.  If I turn wifi off, things work.  If I connect wifi, things stop working.  Again, the problem is the upgrade to Marshmallow.

Jojoguy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the exact same issue.  Facebook, Pandora, and even my hotspot DO NOT WORK anymore.  All after I did the stupid update.  Does anyone have a way to revert to the previous 5.x version?  Or are we all out of luck?

papervoices
Enthusiast - Level 2

Found one more app issye, this time it's my voice mailbox. Unable to listen to any voicemail messages--every time I try to play a new one, I get an error message telling me it could not be retrieved. What if it was an important voice mail message? There's no way for me to retrieve it now. I have tried restarting my phone, resetting my router...yet all in vain. I hope Verizon finally acknowledges the fact that this is not an issue with our respective Internet service providers but due to the recent Marshmallow update! I'm really getting tired of getting the runaround. Please release an update with all the bug fixes already!!!

0 Likes
cahillsr
Enthusiast - Level 3

I believe I have found a fix for the WiFi problems with 6.0.1.  There seems to be a bug with power saving feature that prevents apps from accessing the Internet. I turned off power savings and WiFi problems seem to be gone. It's only been 2 days but so far it seems to have fixed it. If you are having WiFi problems and have power savings turned on try turning it off

smapes2683
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did this on Wednesday and my issues seem to be gone as well. my apps are back to working properly both on wifi and while using data alone.

0 Likes