Re: Internet connectivity issues with recent Marshmallow update
Sprtdocc99
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too am having connectivity issues since the update. I doesn't matter if I'm on WiFi or Verizon's network. Constantly having to change back and forth or restart my phone just to get it to work. Very frustrating!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jacko4, this is concerning to hear! What troubleshooting steps have you performed in an attempt to resolve this issue with internet connectivity?

HarleyE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
papervoices
Enthusiast - Level 2

Kristie, all my applications ARE updated. And as for the Ookla speed test, my download speed is at 24.99mbps while my upload is at 4.86mbps. It's like I said--and as some other commenters on this thread have said--it's NOT my Internet service that has the issue but the recent Marshmallow update when this all started. And again I would like to point out that my phone is the only device in our house that's having issues. Now can you people please find a solution to this? And fast? I switched to Verizon last year because I thought you guys were better than my previous service provider, but now with all this runaround I'm starting to wonder whether I made the wrong decision. Our phones are supposed to make our lives more convenient, not make us feel frustrated every time we try to use it.

GrnDino
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too am having WiFi/Connectivity issues since the Marshmallow update.  All apps are up to date.  Since update, the WiFi indicator on the screen is missing even though it says it has a strong connection.  My cell "bars" also go down to one at best.  A reboot helps, for a while.  Smiley Sad

papervoices
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is getting pretty ridiculous. Now I can't make calls via Facebook Messenger and Viber. And my incoming e-mailsvare delayed by 30minutes at best (or should that be worst?). There's also the issue with Pandoranot playing, as well as my RunKeeper app. And before you guys can say AGAIN that I need to update my apps, they already are. Not an Internet service issue either because as I've said in previous posts, all other connected devices in my house are working fine. And yes, I have the appropriate speeds as I've mentioned in my previous post. Please provide a means to fix this! It's obvious that this is just not merely random isolated issues! Using my phone has become very irritating and frustrating since this update!

smapes2683
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem! And some apps that use my location can't seem to find me, while others work just fine. All my apps have been updated, I've checked multiple times. I have even gone as far as to remove them and then add them back. I tried that cache wipe thing and it hasn't helped at all. I've gone into all the settings and checked to see if there was something new that I missed but I couldnt find anything that would account for the problem. I have power save mode turned on on my phone and i thought maybe there was something new with that which limited data use but I couldn't find anything and didn't explain being connected to the wi-fi but not connected. It's almost like any time your phone sits unused it disconnects and then can't figure out how to reconnect. I'm almost to the point where I'm just going to do a factory restore because I'm losing my patience!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sprtdocc99 Making sure your device is working is what we are all about. I would like to get started with troubleshooting together. Please share a few details such as the make/model of the phone. Does this happen indoors? Are you having issues with calls or data?

DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ldm5858
Enthusiast - Level 2

All Samsung support will do is suggest factory reset. ALL DK on VZW Support with do is suggest you talk to Samsung.

Sprtdocc99
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Samsung Galaxy S6. It happens no matter where I am, inside/outside or whose WiFi I'm on or if I'm on the Verizon network. I'm constantly getting a message on my phone "no internet connection" or if im in certain apps I get messages saying "can't connect, try again" or "unable to perform task". I'm constantly having to change from WiFi to verizon network just to try to get apps to refresh to load properly or to get notifications and many times that doesn't even work.  I couldn't use the video function of the hangouts app last night and didn't have any issues before the update. I've updated my apps, checked settings and it's still the same. I really want to uninstall the marshmallow update so my phone will work like it's supposed to!

Sprtdocc99
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also, I never had issues with casting with chromecast and sending receiving calls/texts and now when someone calls/texts it cuts off the chromecast connection.  Very frustrating!

0 Likes