Is DO NOT DISTURB blocking FIND MY PHONE function?
nanj7

FIND MY PHONE (Google) finds my phone but when I press "ring" function my S7 does not ring! I have do not disturb and mute functions turned on.  If I remove the do not disturb, but leave phone muted, the phone will ring from Find My Phone.  Is DO NOT DISTURB blocking FIND MY PHONE function? Google forum says it is not a problem with them, to go to my phone forum to see what the source is at the phone level itself ???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: google FIND MY PHONE on s7 will not ring my phone when set to do not disturb; finds phone but ring function doesnt ring through the do not disturb
bearone21
Legend

save your # as an exception.

0 Likes
Re: google FIND MY PHONE on s7 will not ring my phone when set to do not disturb; finds phone but ring function doesnt ring through the do not disturb
nanj7

Sorry, but I don't know what "save your number as an exception" means ?? Appreciate your time here...

0 Likes
nanj7

Update, I changed the Do Not Disturb setting to allow under Allow Exceptions> option "Custom" to allow "Calls from" All.  And now when Do Not Disturb is set (along with muting my phone by the way) "on" the Find My Device option not only finds my phone (it did that before , finding the phone I mean) but also if I select "ring" it rings the phone.

I further tested by calling my mobile phone from my own landline phone.  the mobile phone remained silent, did not ring through the phone.  Hopefully I am ok although I've no idea how this worked - if it is set to allow ALL CALLS why now is it only allowing Google Find My Device to ring through???? 

This after looking at tons of how to's on line supposedly to create an exception on the S7 but my phone doesn't show the ability to put in much of anything like what is showing up on the various sample screens  shown there, so I just started playing around with other settings and received success. 

TOTAL MYSTERY TO ME !!!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

you're able to select individual cell numbers of folks you will accept either calls, texts or or both, when in dnd time.

fwiw: i select folks i will accept calls from but don't recieve texts from the same people when in dnd.

0 Likes
Re: Is DO NOT DISTURB blocking FIND MY PHONE function?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nanj7 we see you have resolved the Find my Phone issue. Thank you for posting the update. This is a community forum but we wanted to make sure you are set. If you need further assistance please let us know. DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes
Re: google FIND MY PHONE on s7 will not ring my phone when
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nanj7, save your number would be useful if you are attempting to call your number. That would be different than locating the device with Find My Phone. I apologize for the confusion. Did I explain this okay?

RodneyM_VZW

0 Likes