Is Verizon going to address the issue with Verizon Voicemail conflicting with Samsung Pay favorites?
cwbcpa
Enthusiast - Level 3

Any time I try to put the phone to my ear to listen to a voicemail, the message stops.  The solution is to deselect your favorite cards in Samsung Pay effectively eliminating the swipe up to use Samsung Pay.  That is not a good solution for your customers.  What is Verizon doing about it?  It seems to have been an issue since the Galaxy S6 from what I am reading. 

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is Verizon going to address the issue with Verizon Voicemail conflicting with Samsung Pay favorites?
JHISTREET
Enthusiast - Level 2

Exact same issue here S7 Edge. The issue wasn't fixed with the last two software updates (applied one today as well). To replicate the issue- add "Home Screen" to the USE FAVORITE CARDS select list in Samsung Pay settings. It will immediately stop playing the voicemail when you put up to ear. If you untick the favorites cards for Home screen, it plays without issue. The Lock screen and Screen Off don't present any issue.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Is Verizon going to address the issue with Verizon Voicemail conflicting with Samsung Pay favorites?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cwbcpa, thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. We certainly want you to use your voicemail without having any issues. Let's get some additional details and look into this further. Is this happening with the default voicemail application or visual voicemail? Does this happen when you listen to your voicemail on speakerphone?

GersonG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my  response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button  under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our  conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cwbcpa
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is the Verizon voicemail app. It happens when I put the phone to my ear to listen to a voicemail. I can listen using speakerphone, but that's not very private and I should have to.

This is not a new issue from what I've seen in the community here. The latest update to the S8 that was pushed out this week supposedly addressed this issue but it didn't fix it.

0 Likes
Jaysquared
Enthusiast - Level 2

I noticed the same thing when I tried listening to voicemails. Except I don't even need to hold it to my ear, they just stop without warning every 2 seconds regardless.

A simple solution that worked for me was pressing the "voicemail to text" button on the playback screen. For whatever reason the voicemails play out when I do that. Also to clarify I do not use visual voicemail. No text pops up after pressing it but at least I can listen to my voicemail. Hope that helps as this has been going on since launch for me. I doubt any fixes are in the works for this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cwbcpa, we certainly want you to be able to listen to your voicemails without them constantly pausing. What happens if you play the voicemail on speakerphone and put the phone to your ear? Does the message still stop?

MarcusS_VZWFollow us on Twitter @VZWSupportIf my  response answered your  question please click the �Correct Answer� button  under my response.  This ensures others can benefit from our  conversation. Thanks in  advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes
cwbcpa
Enthusiast - Level 3

No the message does not stop if it is on speakerphone.  That is how I listen to my messages for now, but that is not a solution for me.  I can't put all my messages out there for everyone to hear when I am in public.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cwbcpa, we understand wanting to keep your voicemails private. There has been a software update to the phone to address this concern. Have you updated to the latest software version. To learn more visit http://vz.to/2s3FiBp

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cwbcpa
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes.  I am running the current software and I did see in the change log that there was supposed to be a fix for this issue.  It didn't fix it.  It is pretty well known that it didn't fix it.  There are plenty of posts in different tech forums about this issue.  Unfortunately, no real solutions.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cwbcpa, thank you for confirming you have updated to the latest software version. Please do the following http://vz.to/2u0bJlH. Once the phone is in Safe Mode please test listening to your messages. Please advised if you are still having the trouble.

TionnaB_VZWFollow us on TWITTER @VZWSupportIf my  response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button  under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our  conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JHISTREET
Enthusiast - Level 2

Exact same issue here S7 Edge. The issue wasn't fixed with the last two software updates (applied one today as well). To replicate the issue- add "Home Screen" to the USE FAVORITE CARDS select list in Samsung Pay settings. It will immediately stop playing the voicemail when you put up to ear. If you untick the favorites cards for Home screen, it plays without issue. The Lock screen and Screen Off don't present any issue.

0 Likes