Re: Is anyone else having difficulty with call quality on their Galaxy S5?
trevorc_vzw
Verizon Employee

CShurl,

I know how important call quality is.  If you're husband doesn't seem to be experiencing troubles, then it may be an issue with your specific device/software.  Do you currently have an update available in your settings? Thanks

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
CShurl

I have not done the 5.0 update yet (but neither has my husband). I wasn't sure if I should after reading some of these comments.

0 Likes
jwatkowski

I had my S5 for about 3 months with the same problem. I opened a case with Verizon, they tested over the phone and discovered it had a problem. They sent me a new one. My new one is perfect- no sound quality issues.

0 Likes
trevorc_vzw
Verizon Employee

Cshurl,

I understand your reservations in completing the 5.0 upgrade, but it is recommended to be on the most current software version before any additional troubleshooting can be done.  Please let us know once completed if you're still experiencing trouble.

TrevorC_VZW

0 Likes
CShurl

Ok

0 Likes
chelytoad

Did you ever get your phone quality to improve? Here we are months later...I just upgrade a few weeks ago and have horrible call quality. I have used it at home, out of state, in town, out of town, etc.  no difference. Have tried all the troubleshooting tips...nothing.

Deciding if it is worth getting an replacement S5 or should I consider another make/model? Just wondering what the outcome of everyone's experience was?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

chelytoad,

We always want you to get world class service on your phone! That's incredibly important. We're glad to help. When did this start? Does it seem to be the same on all calls? Is it the same if you use the phone on speakerphone or using a headset?

AndrewT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
chelytoad

Yes. It is all calls. I have called using speaker, not speaker, other cell

phones as well as landlines. No difference. Have tried to clear the phone's

cache, use HD voice, and have changed different in call settings. Nothing

seems to help. Tried 2 different cases as well as calling without a case.

Still echoing and garbled on my recipient's end.

The phone is brand new. I have it less than a month and the call quality

from what others tell me has never been good. At first I thought it was

maybe the recipient's phone but that doesn't seem to be the case. Smiley Sad

I have full coverage on my phone but was told by other Verizon customers

that since it has been more than 15 days I am stuck with this.

On Jul 27, 2015 6:21 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having impeccable call quality is important, chelytoad. You've done quite a bit of troubleshooting. Let's dig a bit deeper to see what else we can uncover. What do you have set for voice privacy and noise reduction in Phone Icon - Menu - Settings?
LynnD_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes