Is my phone really on Verizon?
b416
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently bought a Galaxy s7edge phone on eBay. It was listed as an unlocked Verizon phone. On the back of the phone it says Verizon. The model number is SM-g935U "U" means unlocked I am assuming. Even though it says Verizon on the back of the phone, I can't upgrade to Oreo. The phone also did not come with any of the standerd Verizon apps. Do you thing the phone was flashed to another version?

Thanks   

0 Likes
Re: Is my phone really on Verizon?
bearone21
Legend

unless you activated the phone,it could be on another service!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to see you get the most out of the phone. b416. Is the device currently activated on the Verizon Wireless network? What is the current system and baseband versions found via Settings>About Phone?

Yale_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bearone, thanks for that info. b416, we understand the importance of getting this updated. The device software updated must be pushed out while it is active on our network. Are you a current customer looking to start service?

Alberto_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
b416
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I am a current customer.

0 Likes
b416
Enthusiast - Level 2

The baseband version is G935UUEU4BRD1

0 Likes