Is there a way to remove all the unwanted apps?
arrnut95425
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am a simple person with simple needs.  I needed this phone for my companies text messaging so I could recieve my pickup and deliveries.  Having Maps, Messaging, Email, CalRoads, and the camera is all I need. I have no need for the rest of the garbage.  Is there a way to clean up the phone and get rid of all the unwanted apps?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is there a way to remove all the unwanted apps?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
arrnut95425, it sounds like you want to do spring cleaning on your device. You are able to delete any unwanted 3rd party applications that you've downloaded from the Google Play Market. However, I apologize that you will be unable to remove any applications embedded on your device by the manufacturer. 

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

Cruser2008
Contributor - Level 2

There is not, the phone manufacture and Verizon are paid by the businesses of the pre-installed apps.

GZRX
Contributor - Level 3

Maybe not so much can be deleted but some of that crap can be disabled.  I've disabled a couple at a time and then tested the phone for a period of time.  I'm currently at 16 disabled.

http:///www.droid-life.com/2014/04/11/how-to-quickly-disable-bloatware-on-the-galaxy-s5/

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
arrnut95425, it sounds like you want to do spring cleaning on your device. You are able to delete any unwanted 3rd party applications that you've downloaded from the Google Play Market. However, I apologize that you will be unable to remove any applications embedded on your device by the manufacturer. 

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
Capricorn_Jan

So are you saying a person can't disable those unwanted applications, like NFL on their Androids?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

They said "remove", not disable. You can certainly disable apps such as NFL on your Android device.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Capricorn_Jan

I tried to follow your instructions to disable, but the Android is different. So I had no luck disabling the unwanted apps. Thanks.

0 Likes
Capricorn_Jan

I will study up on disabling apps on my Android. Lots of things on my "do list" but I do want to do this because it is annoying all that stuff I don't use cluttering up the apps section!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Capricorn_Jan,

I can certainly appreciate wanting to relieve some of the clutter of unwanted applications. Take a look here to see how you can disable those applications that are not in use http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-97496/.

AdamG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Capricorn_Jan

I have an android and when I select Apps, I don’t have the option to select settings.

0 Likes