Is there a way to turn off the alert sound without silencing my device?
Cassidyrae621
Enthusiast - Level 2

Received the 6.0 update on my Galaxy S6 edge April 6th. Since then, the text alert sounds every minute until I open the message (which is not always possible at work. Is there a way to turn off the cyclic alert sound without silencing the phone or placing it on vibrate?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is there a way to turn off the cyclic alert sound without silencing the phone?
Cassidyrae621
Enthusiast - Level 2

Found a "notification reminder" setting under Accessibility which must have defaulted to "on" with the upgrade. Turned that off and the repeat notifications (every one minute) stopped.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Received the 6.0 update on my Galaxy S6 edge April 6th. Since then, the text alert sounds every minute until I open the message (which is not always possible at work. Is there a way to turn off the cyclic alert sound without silencing the phone or pla
josephe_vzw
Verizon Employee

Making sure you get your notifications is definitely important, Cassidyrae621. Having them come through multiple times would be irritating. Let's figure out what is going on with them and get this resolved. I understand this started after your recent software update. Is this only with text notifications? Any other changes?

JosephE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: Received the 6.0 update on my Galaxy S6 edge April 6th. Since then, the text alert sounds every minute until I open the message (which is not always possible at work. Is there a way to turn off the cyclic alert sound without silencing the phone or pla
Cassidyrae621
Enthusiast - Level 2

the multiple alert notifications is happening withText and calendar notifications

0 Likes
Re: Is there a way to turn off the cyclic alert sound without silencing the phone?
Cassidyrae621
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is this happening to anyone else (since the Marshmallow 6.0 update) or is it just my phone?

0 Likes
Cassidyrae621
Enthusiast - Level 2

Found a "notification reminder" setting under Accessibility which must have defaulted to "on" with the upgrade. Turned that off and the repeat notifications (every one minute) stopped.

0 Likes