Is there anyway to get rid of that white Verizon screen when turning on the phone?
mattyshore
Contributor - Level 1

Since the Android update there is now another screen to see when turning on the phone. The new white Verizon screen is a HUGE battery drain upon start up. I want to get rid of it, my phone says Verizon printed on the phone I don't need to be reminded again and to have battery drain. But then again Verizon wont even fix the massive amount of bugs from the update. I am so tired of Verizon working over its customers and then refusing to even help them with problems Verizon caused.

0 Likes
Re: Is there anyway to get rid of that white Verizon screen when turning on the phone?
bearone21
Legend

no

0 Likes
Re: Is there anyway to get rid of that white Verizon screen when turning on the phone?
SC-Claim
Enthusiast - Level 3

mattyshore wrote:

Since the Android update there is now another screen to see when turning on the phone. The new white Verizon screen is a HUGE battery drain upon start up. I want to get rid of it, my phone says Verizon printed on the phone I don't need to be reminded again and to have battery drain. But then again Verizon wont even fix the massive amount of bugs from the update. I am so tired of Verizon working over its customers and then refusing to even help them with problems Verizon caused.

I used to love to restart my GS3 to show off the opening screen because it was really pretty.  Meh...sadly, the party trick is gone. 

Is there anyway to get rid of that white Verizon screen when turning on the phone?
mattyshore
Contributor - Level 1

That's lame! It kills the battery and the battery is already being destroyed thanks to the forced update.

0 Likes
jbmcdroid
Contributor - Level 1

Mattyshore, have you looked for postings on this issue on the XDA website or their app (available in Google Play Store in free, premium, and advanced apps)? In the meantime, I'll check this myself and return with my findings if any are to be had. Best regards.

0 Likes
jbmcdroid
Contributor - Level 1

Mattyshore, I checked XDA developer forum discussions and came up empty handed. Same for general Google search. Bummer!

mattyshore
Contributor - Level 1

I am not getting my hopes up any more. The update full of bugs and errors shows the quality control Verizon once had is failing at an alarming rate. You used to be able to go into a Verizon store and they would fix your phone no problem. Now no one has time for it because they are too busy selling you an inferior product and collecting your cash. At least I can get a charge on my phone but I use an HTC incredible charger since ALL the stock Samsung chargers I have do not work. Even using my friends charger for the same phone. I refuse to ship it to Samsung since they will just send me back a beat up one. Thanks for checking sorry no results.

0 Likes