Re: Is visual voice mail available for the s8
AMORR79
Enthusiast - Level 1

I spoke with Verizon last night and the only "option" available is whether to get the phone directly from them, complete with all the rest of the preloaded bloatware, or get a third-party app. There is currently no way to get the visual voicemail app anywhere else. Their reason? Security. Why they can't manage to secure voicemail while there's apparently no issue with cloud backup (which IS downloadable from the Play Store separately) is beyond me. I got my phone unlocked from Samsung and I'm dealing with the same issue. So, no Verizon voicemail app (though every other verizon app appears to be downloadable from the play store) unless you buy from them.

0 Likes
MikeM_73

So which app does Verizon recommend we use that is compatible with their voicemail system?

0 Likes
KAMVAR90
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just spent over an hour with Verizon tech support, including tier-2 who finally referred me to Samsung support. I then called Samsung support and they contend that voicemail is a career feature and not their problem. They said Verizon should provide the app and if they don't to find a third party server. Utterly disappointed.

Momto12
Enthusiast - Level 1

If it was declined at setup and fa Tory reset does not bring back the option to accept or decline it, how can we accept it?

Hubby thought it was the paid version version and I always tell him to decline it.  Now I have reset his phone multiple times with and without restoring anything.  Still no option to accept or decline VVM.

Please help!

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can put a block on the line to prevent the premium version of the visual voicemail. The newer phones are eligible for the basic visual voicemail that's free.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello! Please check your Private messages. I just left one for you there. 

TinaN_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes