Issue With The Latest Update Wiping Out Text Messages
TokenG

The latest update included a "new and imporved" feature for text messaging. It's now supposed to save your messages and give you a choice of words based on your last texts. However since I installed the update it's constantly wiping out my text messages. I'll get something typed up and then click on one of the words that it lists an an option and it'll erase everything except for that particular word and whatever else may have been behind it in the text. It's getting EXTREMELY frustrating having to type a text 2, 3 or 4 times before I even get to send it. Is anyone else having this same issue or something similar?? What can I do to get it fixed so I don't keep having this very ANNOYING issue?!?

0 Likes
Re: Issue With The Latest Update Wiping Out Text Messages
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
wanttofish
Contributor - Level 1

Same heee. Very annoying. I called both Verizon & Sangsung. Both say they have & have not heard of this problem. Well get it together and fix it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey TokenG!

The Samsung Galaxy SIII got it's PhD in being the best in class. And the latest software update should only reinforce that, not set it back. With that said, I'm terribly sorry to learn about your messaging woes. But, it's nothing we can't take a look at right now and work toward a resolution.

As you stated, the new predictive text feature is supposed to save your entire message while only adding your word in context. Since this is keyboard related, something that may help out is going to settings > applications > manage applications > all > samsung keyboard > clear cache, data and force close. When you complete that, please do give me the heads up on results so we can take this further if necessary. More than anything, please know we've got you covered!

EvanO_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
MySIII
Contributor - Level 2

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

Hey TokenG!

The Samsung Galaxy SIII got it's PhD in being the best in class. And the latest software update should only reinforce that, not set it back. With that said, I'm terribly sorry to learn about your messaging woes. But, it's nothing we can't take a look at right now and work toward a resolution.

As you stated, the new predictive text feature is supposed to save your entire message while only adding your word in context. Since this is keyboard related, something that may help out is going to settings > applications > manage applications > all > samsung keyboard > clear cache, data and force close. When you complete that, please do give me the heads up on results so we can take this further if necessary. More than anything, please know we've got you covered!

EvanO_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Yea, anyone who has called Verizon for tech support, or Samsung already ran us thru the gamut of Useless cache clearing and force closing and trying to make us do a factory reset..WHEN is FACT, this update DID set this phone back, so why not you go to Verizon and let it be known that this Update is garbage and needs to be addressed instead of runniin consumers thru a battery of useless troubleshooting. THEY DON'T work...The update is BAD. Period.  Tell your support team that...KK

0 Likes
wanttofish
Contributor - Level 1

Evan_O

I have the same text deleting problem immediatly after that last system update. I've done what you suggested up to and including a full factory reset. It still happens. Matter of fact, it happened just 15 minutes ago while posting to Facebook. This is a big problem that only a new patch/update will fix. Please tell Verizon to fix this now. I've called 3x already to verizon & samsung so both know about my complaint. My phone was prefect before this last update. Now it just frustrates me waiting for the next time my typing gets erased. HELP!!

0 Likes