Issue with Lock screen Email Notifications since Android 7.0 update
hockeydad761
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since the last update I am not able to see a title summary of emails on the lock screen any longer.  It only tells me I have whatever number of emails that are unread.   I used to be able to at least see the titles.  I have not figured out within the new settings which also changed with the last update if it is possible to modify this.  I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 running Android 7.0

0 Likes
Re: Issue with Lock screen Email Notifications since Android 7.0 update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is always nice getting a sneak peek of your messages Hockeydad761. Are you using the email account installed on the phone or did you install an application? Can you please make sure that you do not http://spr.ly/65888vDdK  have "hide content" turned on?

Verizon_Customer_Service

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
hockeydad761
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am using the email client that is installed on the phone.  All of my settings are correct as per bulletin you provided.  I had no issue with this prior to the last Android update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hockeydad761, I understand how annoying it can be when updates change your phone's settings. My Galaxy S8 Plus is up to date and it does show me the emails and a summary of them. When you go into your settings and into the notifications are the email notifications turned on?

MarcusS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
hockeydad761
Enthusiast - Level 2

My email notifications are turned on.  As you can see from the screenshot these are the notifications I receive.  It is only the number of emails.  Previously it was Sender and title of email.  Thank you.

[removed]

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by  Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hockeydad761, I appreciate the clarification. This is quite strange for you to experience. Let's work to get your notification shortcuts restored.  Please go to Settings> Notifications> Advanced> Tap the application in question> Make sure Show silently is not blue. If that is turned on you won't hear a sound, vibrate or see previews in the notification pop-ups.

Please let me know how this works for you.

MarcusS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
hockeydad761
Enthusiast - Level 2

All of my settings are correct.  Show silently was NOT blue.  I still do not see a preview of the individual emails.  It only give me a summary count of number of new emails.  I would provide a screenshot but it would be removed because it contains personal content (tried that previously).  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Don't worry about the screenshot, Hockeydad761. We definitely don't want you to feel helpless in this situation. Since all of your settings are correct we have to go about this in a different way.

1: go into settings, search for "apps" and click into it.

2: once inside "apps," hit the three dots on the upper right corner, go into "special access."

3: once inside special access, go to "optimize battery usage."

4: from here, tap on the dropdown menu saying that says "apps not optimized" and switch to "all apps."

5: once all your phone's apps are shown, find the email application and tap on the switch to turn it off if it's turned on. That could be stopping the notifications.

Also, have you updated all of your application?

MarcusS_VZW

0 Likes
hockeydad761
Enthusiast - Level 2

this fix did not work either.  Mail was already in the off position.  All of my apps are up to date.  I guess there is no fix to this unless the update come through the email application itself.   frustrated.​

0 Likes