Its anyone else having problems with there battery since the new update?
Sandib68

My battery is only lasting about 45 minutes or so if I'm on a app since the latest update

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Its anyone else having problems with there battery since the new update?
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

The battery in my S7E seems to be holding up well even after all updates have been applied. ☺

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that we find the cause for this drain, Sandib68. Have you attempting to go to Apps > Settings > Battery and reviewing which applications are utilizing the most charge on your device?

HarleyE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

The battery in my S7E seems to be holding up well even after all updates have been applied. ☺

0 Likes
VINSTIGATOR1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have not yet applied the 7.0 (Nougat) update, but had the same very fast battery drain problem last week. I used the method mentioned above to discover the source. My S7E had received a push update (without my knowledge) and the GearVR app was caught in a loop instead of installing correctly.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

VINSTIGATOR1, the battery life is one of the most important factors in any phone.  Even the best quality phone is no good without a quality battery.  Let’s continue to work together to make sure this issue gets resolved.  How is your battery working currently since discovering what was using it the most?  Did you update the software yet or make any changes to the settings (like the push update or Gear VR app)?

SeanC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes