Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,105 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Keyboard and battery problems since system updated
Amylfw
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since installing G920VVRS4DRB1 on my Galaxy S6 I'm having problems with my keyboard not typing in several apps. It appears on the screen and seems to behave normally but no letters appear. I use SwiftKey keyboard. I was unable to change to native keyboard in settings. 

Also experiencing random battery drain.

Re: Keyboard and battery problems since system  updated
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The keyboard issue might not be connected to the update. SwiftKey has been having issues with Chrome text boxes for a while now. To change keyboards, touch the little keyboard icon in the navigation bar to select a different keyboard.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Re: Keyboard and battery problems since system updated
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Amylfw. Let's start by going into the Play Store, and manually checking for app updates. To check on the battery, please run a Device Health Check from your MyVerizon app.

0 Likes
Re: Keyboard and battery problems since system updated
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

After an update it is always a good idea to clear the cache partition. Turn the phone off then hold Volume up-power-home. Use the volume button to go down to clear partition press power then use the volume down key to say yes then power again. Then just hit the power key again when the phone goes back to recovery mode and reboot phone is highlighted. This will clear out any old files left from the update. It does not affect any of your phone settings that you have on the phone.

This should help with the battery drain on the phone.

0 Likes