Keyboard doesn't display after a while on S21+
brother-glen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since a recent software update, and after the device has been working fine for a few days, they keyboard doesn't display when I click on a text entry field. I click the field, the existing page isn't changed to make room for the keyboard, and the keyboard doesn't come up.  Once this happens, the keyboard no longer works for any application. Also, the 'back' soft button (that looks like a '<') displays but does  nothing. The home soft button (that looks like a square) still works.

The only solution I've found so far is to reboot my device. After a reboot, everything works again. For a few days.

Is this a common problem, or is there a known solution that doesn't include rebooting?

FYI: S21+ 5G SM-G996U, software load is G996USQU4BUKF installed Dec 9 2021, apparently the latest available. Not rooted, no apps loaded except from app store.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Keyboard doesn't display after a while on S21+
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello brother-glen,

I would be concerned too if I were having any issues with my keyboard! Were there any other updates done at the same time?

-Christopher

0 Likes
brother-glen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, I think it started after the last android update, to the version in my original post.

0 Likes
brother-glen
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't remember any updates to apps between the android update and seeing the issue for the first time.  I've since updated a bunch of apps, doesn't seem to have affected the issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that information. Have you had a chance to attempt to reset the settings on the phone to factory default? Just to make sure we are on the same page. I am not stating a Factory Data Reset, but rather just resetting the settings on the phone. *Gert

0 Likes