KitKat 4.4.2 update (S4 mini)
laviejabelle

My S4 mini keeps prompting me to update ("Software update ready to install"), but after reading the "stellar" reviews and comments, I'd rather pass! SO, how do I opt out of it? How do I disable the prompt - or ditch the update altogether for now?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: KitKat 4.4.2 update (S4 mini)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

laviejabelle,

I understand how update can be scary sometimes. Given that the updates are available on the device once it is pushed to it there is not way to stop the notification of the update. If the notification is removed the device would simply perform the update on its own without your permission. I am sorry for any inconvenience.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

laviejabelle,

I understand how update can be scary sometimes. Given that the updates are available on the device once it is pushed to it there is not way to stop the notification of the update. If the notification is removed the device would simply perform the update on its own without your permission. I am sorry for any inconvenience.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jemima

I'm not a technie.  I'm just an innocent recent purchaser of an S4. I got a smart phone specifically b/c I need access to my emails all the time. Two months after getting it, I started having serious problems.  Despite the hundreds of on-site comments (that I recently discovered), no one at two Verizon stores, nor their "Tier II Tech Support" people in Atlanta knew anything about all the problems that have occurred since the Samsung update 4.4.2.  I not only can't load any e-mails, I can't sync my photographs (which can't be replaced), and so far, no one at Verizon has been able to do so, although one tech person thinks the photos are in the cloud somewhere.  Verizon sent me a new phone, or rather, a factory reconditioned one in an attempt to see if that would solve my problems (it didn't), but otherwise I've been told that they don't know what to do.  "They" are looking around for a device that will support my Verizon.net e-mail.  I think they've pretty much given up because they stopped calling me back. 

Apparently this sort of screw up is perfectly acceptable in the tech world.  No one is held accountable.  There are just lots and lots of consumers who pay Verizon a lot of money for a phone that's almost useless.  In almost any other business, people would be fired and otherwise sanctioned for this type of irresponsible behavior.  Did Samsung even attempt to test its update?  Apparently not.  I agree with your comment to withdraw the update until the problems are solved.  But they won't

Has anyone considered a class action suit?

0 Likes