LED light no longer flashes when I receive a text after Nougat upgrade
REGADK21
Enthusiast - Level 2

After the Nougat upgrade that just happened a few days ago, the LED light on my phone no longer flashes when I get a text message.  It will flash just one time as soon as I get a text but only if I happen to be looking right at the phone as soon as it comes through, which is hardly never.  Afterwards, nothing.  I rely on the flashing light to see if I have a message because I can't always keep my phone right next to me.  Also, after the upgrade, if I get a missed call, it flashes green and it used to flash blue so I could tell if I missed a call or had a text.  I was COMPLETELY happy with the phone before the upgrade.  My motto is, if it's not broke, don't fix it.  I understand that others have certain issues with the phone and that's why updates are made but if it doesn't effect my use of my phone, why should I be forced to download the updated software?  It updated features I don't even use on my phone.  It should be up to the customer to decide if they want to upgrade the changes or not.  That is one thing I absolutely hate about these phones!!  Every time there is an update, it messes something up on my phone.  I absolutely dread it every time I see an update because I know I'm going to have issues.  Every single time I've had to upgrade, I have had something go wrong with my phone.  This is one thing I had to write about because it's a main feature I use on my phone and I want it back.  The other stuff, I just let go.  Can you please help me get my OLD phone back?  I would greatly appreciate it. 

0 Likes
Re: LED light no longer flashes when I receive a text after Nougat upgrade
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model do you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
REGADK21
Enthusiast - Level 2

Samsung Galaxy S7

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried turning the LED notification off and then on again?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
REGADK21
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I’ve tried several times and even turned the phone off and back on again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I love seeing the LED indicators as well Regadk21. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Can you tell me the steps you take to change your notification for your LED?

AmberF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks for doing all you have done so far, REGADK21.

It appears you are not alone since we have gotten other reports from S7 users that have encountered the same situation.

This behavior has been reported to the Message+ application team. We will provide more updates as they become available.

In the interim, you may be able to find an app in the Play Store that provides and LED notification.

We are so sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
REGADK21
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay, I believe I figured something out. My brother sent me a text and I actually saw the green blinking light, continuously, so I thought, yay, it fixed itself. Well, to my dismay, it was not fixed. What I have found is that only text messages from “Favorites” in my contacts will make the light blink.

To answer your question……..I read on line that others are having this problem as well after this Nougat update. No one had answered or helped them from what I found so that’s why I contacted you all. Steps I took were:

I went to “Settings”, then to “Display” then to “LED Indicator” and turned it off then on again. I have done that a few times. One of the times after I did it, I completely turned my phone off for about a minute or so then cut it back on, hoping it would reboot it. Still didn’t work. I did it again and then immediately after turning it on, I went in again and turned it off then back on again. Still not working. I also went into my “Settings” under my text messages and where it shows “LED Color”, it shows green. I clicked on it again and saved it. That didn’t fix the problem either. Soooo, any suggestions?

WARUMONO0216

I am having this exact same issue since the "update" (shouldn't updates improve, not break everything!?) No LED notification for text messages through Verizon Message+, also using Samsung Galaxy S7. I've tried everything you can think of and then some.

I eagerly await an actual solution as well!!

0 Likes
Starlytte

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7.

The lack of blue LED flashing for new messages is only one of many problems I've been having since the new software upgrade to Nougat.  I've tried every possible thing I can think of, and all of the above responses as well.  Is there a database somewhere listing all of the issues with Nougat?

0 Likes