0 Likes
Re: LED light no longer flashes when I receive a text after Nougat upgrade
ted_k27

Still having same issue

0 Likes
REGADK21
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, I have not heard anymore in reference to this problem.  I ended up just having to download an app so I would have use of my LED light again.  We shouldn't be required to download an app that the phone is supposed to do on it's own.  It's a little ridiculous.  I saw they just put out another software update and again, it states it's fixing things on my phone that I don't even use.  It doesn't state it's to fix the problems that plenty of us are already having.  I guess once I get sick of postponing it and download it, it'll mess up something else on my phone that they will not fix. 

DD88893
Enthusiast - Level 3

What app did you start using? Also, did you ever try the Samsung message app to see if notifications work with that one? I've only been missing notifications with Message+ (and only from non-favorite people, like you) so I wonder if switching to the other app makes a difference.

Verizon needs to fix this!!!

0 Likes
REGADK21
Enthusiast - Level 2

I downloaded Light Manager, which is free, and it seems to work great.  Also, it does give you more color options so you can customize your notifications even more.  I did not try the Samsung message app.  If you do, let me know how it works.  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

setting/display/led....nougat defaulted "off"

0 Likes
REGADK21
Enthusiast - Level 2

Once I go under "Display", I only have a toggle switch for "LED Indicator", it just turns it off and on.  That's the only option for LED under Display.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ted_k27 Thank you for the update. Let's continue working on the notification issue. Do you have any form of notifications that are working such as email and voicemail?

SheritaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
DD88893
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, most notifications work. In all the cases where things work I get the

continuous LED blinking until I check the message.

Working: notifications for phone calls, e-mails, voicemails, and messages

through WhatsApp. Also, LED notifications for text messages I receive from

"favorite" contacts in Message+

Not working: Text messages received from anyone else (non-favorite contacts

and numbers I don't have saved in my phone) in Message+.

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 11:00 AM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

REGADK21,

LED lights can become a habit. I understand how important it is for the feature to work after your update. We have received feedback from many users about the lights not working after the update. Let's ensure that the settings are accurate. Please navigate to Settings > Notifications > Advanced, then ensure the LEDs are enabled for the apps you want. What happens?

KatiM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes