Late Text Messages
IM932

Have a galaxy S8+ and for the last two weeks I have been having issues with getting messages late(>12-24 hrs late) or never get.  Seems to be an issue when I am involved in a group text.

How do I fix this?

0 Likes
Re: Late Text Messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

IM932, receiving delayed text messages or not receiving them is a pain we don't want you to have. I am confident that we can resolve this issue for you, so you will never miss or receive a delayed text message. When did this issue begin? Does this happen with everyone that is included in the group text message or only with certain people? What specific text messaging application are you using?

-JacobV_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Personal name removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the cellular data connection turned on or off when this happens?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

JAMROG53
Enthusiast - Level 2

The three Verizon users in my family have beven getting text messages late from my son and I who are not with Verizon. I am assuming there are issues with Verizon’s networks and how it handles  incoming texts. From what I can tell, this has been happing for years and apparently Verizon can not or will not fix this?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure this is properly looked at. What messaging application is the family using? What kind of phone do you and your son have? What troubleshooting have you attempted to try to fix this?

JavierMD_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
JAMROG53
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am using an IPhone 7 with default messaging app. My son is using an IPhone 6s Plus with default messaging app. Both of us have ATT as the provider.

Sent from my iPhone

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the clarification, JAMROG53. Does this delay in messaging only happen when trying to text those individuals, or is it with everyone? Do you know what kind of phones those individuals have? How long has this been happening? 

0 Likes
JAMROG53
Enthusiast - Level 2

We noticed the delay with the three Verizon uses in the household. Two have Samsung phones. My wife has an IPhone X and recently switched to Verizon. As soon as she did, the text delays began happening when my son or I would text.

Sent from my iPhone

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JAMROG53,

There's nothing more important than receiving text messages in a timely manner. Are these three users having trouble with delayed messages from each other? Are any of them experiencing trouble sending messages? What zip code are the phones being used in? 

ShawnteJ_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
JENSAF38

I am consistently getting text messages late - very late. Today I received a message that was sent last night (more than 20 hours ago). The pattern is I do not receive anything form the sender until another message is sent by the same sender, or I receive a call from the same sender. It appears that messages are being held indefinitely, then delivered in a burst. Equipment: Pantech

0 Likes