Latest android made it so I can't text my spouse
Lahomles
Enthusiast - Level 2

Help, my phone did the latest android update and now my samsung7 won't let me send text messages to my spouse.  I can receive them from him but can't send to him. I'm able to sent texts to everyone else but I can't attach photos in any text.  We've tried rebooting, deleting each others contacts and reentering them, clearing out old texts.  We've tried it on the factory message app and message +.  When I use message+ it give me an error message that says 'sorry, you cannot add this media to your message" but we aren't adding any media...  When we use the factory message app it just blanks like we never tried to send a message at all.  This has taken a ton of time and we are pretty frustrated. Can anyone help, is anyone else running into this?

0 Likes
Re: Latest android made it so I can't text my spouse
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details. We understand your frustration. We want to make sure to have all information to make sure we can fix this. Is your spouse using an Android or Apple Device? If it is an Apple device, does it have send as SMS turned on? This will allow the device to send and receive SMS instead of iMessage. If it is Android, what kind of phone is it? Do you both have Verizon services?

JavierMD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Lahomles
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, we both have verizon, in the same plan as this phone (his cell is

[removed] and we have the exact same android phone, a samsung 7.

Please help, this is a huge frustration.

Lisa

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

When replying please don't post any personal information on this public forum.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for providing that information. For further clarification, are other people with Samsung devices able to send him multimedia and text messages? Have any other services, like talk, or data, been affected since this update? 

MatthewI_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Lahomles
Enthusiast - Level 2

He's able to receive all messages from everyone else except my phone and

I'm able to message everyone else but him. We've deleted our contacts and

recreated them as well. Nothing else seems to he affected on his or my

phone.

On Tue, Jul 10, 2018, 2:23 PM vzw_customer_support <

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for your response, Lisa. About how long has this issue been occuring?

0 Likes
Lahomles
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since the latest upgrade was downloaded about 3 weeks or so ago. Any

input/ideas or help would be appreciated.

On Fri, Jul 13, 2018, 11:23 AM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This has certainly gone on for too long, Lahomles. I noticed you mentioned your text messages were indicating you were adding media, but you are not able to attach photos in any text. Do you receive the errors you have described if you send yourself a picture message to your phone number? Are you able to test sending your husband a text message while using your phone in safe mode? Safe mode disables third party apps to help rule out interference. To access safe mode, please refer to this link. http://spr.ly/6589DqzpV To exit safe mode, power your device off and back on.

Andrea_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes