Latest update deleted all my pictures!
17247ct

All of the pictures that was in the gallery for the camera are gone. 2 years worth or over 1500 pictures

The gallery that is for the message camera is still there. 

Any help would be awesome!

Why are these updates forced? The phone is bought and paid for.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Latest update deleted all my pictures!
Klue
Master - Level 1

There is recovery software out there that might help you get you pictures back. Do a Google search for it. You have to pay for it although it lets you try it for free for a test. That being said your SD card should always be removed from the phone before any update is started. Also do the update on your scheduled time and never let the phone do it automatically. 

Good Luck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi 17247ct,

I'm so sorry to see that you don't have your pictures with all of your precious memories. I know how important it is to have them accessible. 

Please tell me more. What is the make and model of our phone? What was happening with your phone before this happened? 

JenniferL_VZW

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

lesson to be learned, save the pics on a cloud someplace.

0 Likes
jfpercell

After the latest update to the Samsung Galaxy S8 G950USQS6DSI4, my SD card comes up as unsupported. I cannot access it from other devices either. The update apparently messed up the format and I cannot access all those pictures. Is there a way to back out the update?

Jerry

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, jfpercell. We are very sorry to hear about the unexpected SD card issue that has come up involving the latest software update on your Samsung Galaxy S8 device. There is not a way to change back to the previous software version. We will be more than happy to go through some steps to ensure that we do everything that we can to assist with this. Can you please describe what is happening that tells you that you are unable to view your SD card information on your Samsung Galaxy S8? What happens when you attempt to view your SD card information when it is inserted in other devices? BrettA_VZW

0 Likes