Layout Settings Revert to Default After Restarting
RANDAROOTER
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since the update, I had to customize my layout again. I had to restart today and it reverted back to the default layout. I've restarted a few times since then after making a few adjustments and after every restart, the layout goes back to default. Why aren't my changes staying?

Re: Layout Settings Revert to Default After Restarting
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Personalizing your mobile device is essential. I am concerned to learn since you updated your Galaxy S7, you report the layout returns to the default when you restart the device.

I would like gather a few details so we can get to the bottom of this issue. When you say the layout returns to the default, do you mean the background or the icons? Since the OS update, have you also updated all the device applications? Sometimes, right after an update it takes a few days for all the device apps to optimize with the new software.

IF your device is still misbehaving, please test a restart while in Safe Mode. Safe mode is completely safe and you will not lose any content. Here is a link to the steps: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-203892/

GinaU_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ELLSMA25

Yes, I am having the same issue.  I put the app shortcuts I wanted on my home screen and recreated folders for my apps, and when I reboot it, all my organization is gone.  No app folders and default app shortcut on home screen.

0 Likes
ELLSMA25

I tried a test in safe mode and when I rebooted the layout changes were STILL not saved.

0 Likes