Lollipop 5.1.1 update?
arod412
Enthusiast - Level 3
Re: Lollipop 5.1.1 update?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Arod412,

I can certainly understand your eagerness for this software update. Software updates can enhance or improve a device. My apologies, we have no info on the 5.1.1 update for the Samsung Galaxy S5. You can keep up to date on newly released software by clicking here http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/software-updates/ . Are you experiencing issues with the device? We can help.

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
azglocker
Enthusiast - Level 1

The constant lies are getting old.  We were promised monthly security updates and I got nothing in September.  Other carriers are on 5.1.1 and we are stuck with a broken 5.0.

The software dept knows exactly what they are working on.  Is it so much to ask that we know what the next patch will entail? Is vzw even working on restoring the s5 to its former glory or are we supposed to just shell out more money for the s6 and kiss our battery life goodbye? I have 4 more payments and loathing every one of them.  I didn't buy the flagship just to watch it sink.

rdhqcpro
Enthusiast - Level 3

Unfortunately, I've experienced this same issue of VERY slow Android updates on multiple carriers and with various makes of phones.  You purchase a premium Android phone time expecting to receive premium and timely support with reasonably quick bug fixes and upgrades only to be disappointed every time.

It is for this reason that for the FIRST time ever I am seriously considering an early upgrade to an IPhone even if it does come at a steep cost.  Say what you will about Apple but they do a great job consistently providing a slick and refined OS and deliver quick fixes and updates AND you get your updates at virtually the same time no matter what carrier you are on.

I almost feel dirty about trading in my S5 for for a 6S but I'm sure I'll get over it very quickly.

mattyshore
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon is ALWAYS last to update if they even do. They are going to make us wait till Spring 2016 for Marshmallow and skip the whole 5.1.1 update. Verizon is out to nickel and dime you not help you. Verizon customer service has gone downhill fast in the last few years. I remember how amazing they were back in 1999/2000 since then they have only becoming sloppier as a company and stopped caring about customers. Just raping pockets for cash is the game now!

dJe69
Enthusiast - Level 1

Caned Response...

Bgdddy1
Enthusiast - Level 1

At this point I don't believe they will up date, they keep feeding us the same canned statement, this is to get

Us to update to the s6 if we want the 5.1.1 update

MarkSimons

Actually now they will want us to wait till January and get the S7.. the S6 is now doomed like the S5.. hello tomorrow and who are you again past..

Too bad they let my expensive S5 turn into a POS with software.. so now I will get a Nexus 6P on Project Fi..

0 Likes
Bgdddy1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Everyone has lied they never had any intentions of updating the s5 software, we are just stuck with an outdated system unless you buy a new phone everytime. There is a software update 

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone Smsgt. EldoL. Hill,United States Air Force Retired

jmanhart1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ever since my Galaxy S5 was upgraded to 5.0 the battery life has been incredibly bad.  I have the original battery from 1 1/2 years ago and another 1 year old and a 3rd a month old and they all drain in a half of a day without much heavy usage.  I had better battery life on my galaxy nexus.  I have tried some of the battery saving tricks but that is not a solution because why have this phone if you can't use all the features.  The battery life before this update was pretty good.  I am wondering when will this be fixed in a new update.  Turning everything off is not a solution.  I may as well get an iPhone if that is the only solution.