Lollipop upgrade blues
t_kip
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just upgrade to lollipop and it is causing battery issues on my phone. It's battery life has decreased dramatically and it takes twice as long to recharge. Will there be a fix pushed out for this?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Lollipop upgrade blues
angelinaOO7
Enthusiast - Level 3

See this post, may be something helpful: See  # 123 (i believe it's on the 13th page)

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop Update Problems

View solution in original post

0 Likes
weaver657
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having serious battery usage issues as well. I have to charge the S5 half way through the day without really using the phone at all, more if I actually need to use it. I have been watching the power consumption and it is cell standby, Android OS, and Android system that are draining the battery (an average of 64%, combined, in a day).

Screenshot_2015-02-10-22-37-47.png

Before the Lollipop update my S5 would easily last a day even with moderate usage without having to charge it.

angelinaOO7
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm having THE same issue!!! I've posted (below) in other forums trying to get some help. If I get anything out of it, I'll be sure to pass it along,

See my post at  s5 lollipop update and draining the battery and slowing my phone down?

Any HELP, suggestions are greatly appreciated!

angelinaOO7
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is the recommendation I got from @galaxyclass. I just did it... I'll see how it goes!!

>> Duplicate post removed by Verizon Moderator to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service   See Re: s5 lollipop update and draining the battery and slowing my phone down? <<

0 Likes
angelinaOO7
Enthusiast - Level 3

See this post, may be something helpful: See  # 123 (i believe it's on the 13th page)

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop Update Problems

0 Likes