Long incoming texts broken up.
TACK82_99

Hello,

I recently ported my number over to Verizon from AT&T and am now using a VZ Samsung S8+ that is on Android 7.0

Any time I get a text from an outside carrier that is longer than a single sentence, the message is chopped up into pieces. The longer the message, the more pieces. Also, the more likely it is that the pieces are going to be out of order.

I've looked in several forums and this community board and have seen no real final resolution. It happens in both the Messages+ app and the Samsung messages app. In other "messaging" apps (FB Messenger, WhatsApp) it does not break the messages up.

Can we please find a resolution to this?

0 Likes
Re: Long incoming texts broken up.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
TACK82_99, jumbled messages would be a nightmare to sort out. Let's get you the help that you need. Does this happen with every conversation from another carrier? Do your messages arrive chopped up? Does this happen with the native Messages app?

JoelR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Long incoming texts broken up.
stef7
Master - Level 2

I think the first thing I would do is look to see if your MMS setting in the Samsung app is set properly

• Open Samsung Messages app.
  • Tap More icon at the upper right hand side.
  • Tap Settings.
  • Tap More settings.
  • Tap Multimedia messages.
  • Tap Set restrictions and select Free

If that didn't help, try performing a System Cache Wipe. Google it.